CLAYTON LPS 11 3000W

Trakker1

I am currently getting one of these units fitted in my van, would anyone have any idea what size wattage I would need for each of these appliances ( obviously not on all at once )

AIR FRYER
PORTABLE INDUCTION HOB
TOASTER
KETTLE

many thanks

It really depends on what you buy and what size, they can vary hugely.

Keep in mind that while the Clayton can supply the watts it will be consuming capacity at a great rate that you will need to replace.

So if you're buying appliances specifically for it, buy the smaller ones you'll get more run time and your not cooking for the family.

Also if you have an induction hob you don't strictly need an electric kettle.

For the induction hob get one that you can vary it's wattage, then you can be quite frugal off grid and full bore on EHU.

No idea on the Air Fryer. But

HOB - highest I think I've seen is 2,000W, and portable 800W

TOASTER - again, no idea, but should be in the description or specs if you are looking online. Should be listed on a label on the underside as well.

KETTLE - aren't domestic about 2kW? But you can get lower wattage kettles; think ours is 1.3kW (1 litre Bodum Bistro), but have seen smaller volume 500ml camping kettles at 800W.

I am currently getting one of these units fitted in my van, would anyone have any idea what size wattage I would need for each of these appliances ( obviously not on all at once )

AIR FRYER
PORTABLE INDUCTION HOB
TOASTER
KETTLE

many thanks
Hi @Trakker1 , good to meet you!
You'll get a decent Air Fryer with wattages around 1500.
Our 'portable' induction hob goes up to 2000 Watts.
Our baby toaster is 800 watts.
You won't need an electric kettle if you have an induction hob, just remember (unlike my wife) to keep the water to the required/minimum level!
As @roadtripper says, don't forget you will need to replace the power you use, do you have solar on the van?
We use a 907 gas cylinder for most of our cooking outside the van (Cadac) and use the same induction kettle on that too, conserve those batteries!
Don't forget to share some pictures of your van, we love those!

supercharger as well . . . wowzers,

you will have to post some pics of that install.

awesome.

Want to add Super Charging?
+++++++

600W Super Charge DC-DC Converter​

Multiple functionality: Super Charge for the LPS II - Charging from any vehicle alternator - Multiple-battery setup - Automatic voltage regulation.

Model Number: Bidirectional DC-DC Converter 9V-36V 600W

SKU: CD1802/CD1803

Multiple functionality: Super Charge for the LPS II - Charging from any vehicle alternator - Multiple-battery setup - Automatic voltage regulation.

Electrical characteristics​

Supply Voltage: 10,9 V - 32 V

Input Current: 0-45 A

Output Voltage: 14,4 V or 28,8 V

Output Current: 0-40 A

1704300079063.png

Specifications​

Supply Voltage:10,9V - 32V
Input Current:0-45A
Output Voltage:14,4V or 28,8V
Output Current:0-40A
Output Control:5 stage charge
Wakeup Input Range:0-36V
Wakeup Input (Deactivate):<3,0V
Wakeup Input (Activate - Delayed 15sec):>4,0V
Power consumption (Idle):<1,6 W
Power consumption (Sleep):<1 mW
Operating temperature range:-25 to 50 °C
Weight:620 g
Dimensions:222 x 110,5 x 40 mm

1704300159760.png

this is how it connects up. . . .

it wires to the DC OUT terminals.

CHARGING FROM ALTERNATOR WITH SUPER CHARGE See the text CHARGING FROM ALTERNATOR and below for complete installation.
Connect the 12VDC input to the fuse box. It must be on the same side as the LPS II.
Attention: When connecting a Super Charge DC-DC Converter, the fuse for 12VDC must be changed to a125A on the Positive cable.
Connect the Output from the Super Charge DC-DC Converter to the DC Output of the LPS II.
Attention: If there is a need for DC Output, it is recommended to use a fuse that matches the need of the installation/usage. Max. 180 A

1704300219870.png

@Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread
@Dellmassive`s Camper Van Adventure
@Dellmassive`s - T6 Sportline - Van Adventure
Renogy Discount
Roamer - Premium LiFePO4 Leisure Batteries for off grid (T6F 5% off)

"The shopping list only ever gets longer, no matter how hard you try make it shorter." - Wise words from #dellmassive

(MY18 T6 T32 204 DSG LWB PV)
(MY67 T6 T30 150 SWB KMB)
(MY11 T5.1 T30 180 DSG 4MTN LWB PV)
(MY08 T5 T30 105 6SPD LWB PV)
Like Quote Reply
So, what's a supercharger, and why haven't I got one?!
Charges up in half the time, I believe, running the lps11 3000w so hopefully covered, 200w off solar, thanks

No gas mate, trying to set it up for off grid, it can take another 200w off solar if needed, getting nearer now, cheers
Can't have too much electric! Love our Roamer. We still use a 907 for cooking outside though. No LB stress that way!

who want one? . . . .

1715747362665.png

Why a Clayton rather than a conventional leisure battery as the external accessories apply to both setups?

Back