Clutch issues

Jodami84

Evening all,

Wondering if anyone has experience of any similar issues to the ones in which im facing with my 2017 t32 sportline.

Around a month ago the clutch, without warning, became stuck whilst on a long journey. We were recovered and the master cylinder was replaced. All was well whilst driving around town etc, but then on the first longer journey it happened again. My local garage were perplexed. Drained the fluid to check for air and suggested i see how it goes before i resign myself to the expense of an entire clutch replacement (informed can only purchase from vw as no alternative available). After a couple of weeks where it was again totally fine around town, it downed tools on me coming off the m62 last night.

It is now booked in for a full clutch replacement, but the garage openly admit they've never encountered an issue like this one before, so am a touch concerned that this might not be the root cause of the problem and am mulling over a second opinion.

any thoughts/help would be much appreciated

I have a T30 SWB in the fleet, drives fine but at times the clutch pedal won't clear the clutch and requires a pump down, a flick back up by toe and pump again and hey presto clutch back.

No fluid loss, line to slave cylinder clear and change fluid twice. has 130k on it and the clutch will be due changed as soon as we do pull trailers about.

Evening all,

Wondering if anyone has experience of any similar issues to the ones in which im facing with my 2017 t32 sportline.

Around a month ago the clutch, without warning, became stuck whilst on a long journey. We were recovered and the master cylinder was replaced. All was well whilst driving around town etc, but then on the first longer journey it happened again. My local garage were perplexed. Drained the fluid to check for air and suggested i see how it goes before i resign myself to the expense of an entire clutch replacement (informed can only purchase from vw as no alternative available). After a couple of weeks where it was again totally fine around town, it downed tools on me coming off the m62 last night.

It is now booked in for a full clutch replacement, but the garage openly admit they've never encountered an issue like this one before, so am a touch concerned that this might not be the root cause of the problem and am mulling over a second opinion.

any thoughts/help would be much appreciated
Some Dual Mass plate screwups, a spring can break and become wedged somewhere.

T5.1 had the dual mass problem at 30k and was changed, the bodging VW dealership fitted a new clutch plate, pressure plate, and friction plate, one thing they left 1 pressure bolt in the bell housing and it got caught and wrecked the flywheel, Pressure plate, and friction plate. There was only 5k on the clutch, refused to look at it, took it to another VW dealer 200yds away, they opened it up and found the bolt wedged in the dual mass spring, The inside of the bell housing looked like it had been bead blasted, metal chippings in bell housing.

Our trade body advises not to use the dealership at all.

Back