Current contract hire offer

There are reasons why leasing is better for a company, write down ect. Im sure someone on here can explain it far better than me.

3 years ago I was turned down for Vw finance through my company, at the time running for over 12 years with no problems. I had been the victim of identity
theft 2 years previous which got very messy. But eventually cleared up.

I had to do a personal agreement to get the kombi.

The reasons I was wanting contract hire is basically Because it’s off balance sheet and low initial outlay. If I put down a chunky deposit on HP then that should keep the asset worth more than the liability even taking depreciation into account it unless I bought one a few years old then it will depreciate more and I end up with a liability greater than the asset. This effects company value and future lending.
Also because i’m in the process of buying a house then I don’t want any personal agreement on my credit report which would happen with the indemnity.
If I had more money I would buy. I think if I shop around and give enough deposit then I’ll be able to do contract hire without personal indemnity but this is even less unlikely with HP or a loan unless it’s a cheap old van.
I’m now thinking of buying one a few years old anyway.

I've just bought one, paid the vat plus 3k, will claim the vat back next quarter. VW gave me 1500 towards finance cost, plus a decent discount. 4 year deal

Back