Dash Cam fitment - which fuse……

Ash1651

VIP Member
There has been lots of previous discussions on which fuse to piggyback on a T6. It is clear that each T6 is different, based on the original model & spec.
I own a 2017 (67) plate and originally piggybacked into the 15amp blue fuse in the image attached (C36). However this wasn’t a permanent live & caused the Nextbase system to default back to the original time/date settings every time the ignition was switched off.
I decided to research which would be a more suitable permanent live socket to use to prevent this from happening.
In image 2 I found that C52-54 were permanent lives. I have now piggybacked into C54 and all seems good. All the settings remain, although I had to change the dashcam settings to parking mode. I assume this sends the camera into sleep mode to prevent battery drain issues.

Well, this worked for me, so if you’re looking to do something similar, this may be an option (van dependent).
I do highly recommend using a multimeter to check individual socket suitability.IMG_7022.jpeg

IMG_7023.jpeg

There has been lots of previous discussions on which fuse to piggyback on a T6. It is clear that each T6 is different, based on the original model & spec.
I own a 2017 (67) plate and originally piggybacked into the 15amp blue fuse in the image attached (C36). However this wasn’t a permanent live & caused the Nextbase system to default back to the original time/date settings every time the ignition was switched off.
I decided to research which would be a more suitable permanent live socket to use to prevent this from happening.
In image 2 I found that C52-54 were permanent lives. I have now piggybacked into C54 and all seems good. All the settings remain, although I had to change the dashcam settings to parking mode. I assume this sends the camera into sleep mode to prevent battery drain issues.

Well, this worked for me, so if you’re looking to do something similar, this may be an option (van dependent).
I do highly recommend using a multimeter to check individual socket suitability.View attachment 202873

View attachment 202874
I recently moved mine from the car to the van, as it’s like bandit country out there!
I used a switched fuse, cannot recall which, will have to check later.
Did not appear to cause issues switching off and losing date?

Back