Dashcam hard wiring fuses to use

What did you do in the end? Do you have to use the permanent live cable for when just parked or can you only run the ignition one only? Going to fit mine today
Hi, sorry I have been away and just seen this message.

If I remember correctly I ended up taking the switched live from the washers and had an empty slot which was a permanent live so used that. Not had any issues with it so far.

I can’t quite believe the instructions for hardwiring the Thinkware Q850 into the fusebox. No way am I going to do it like this!

IMG_9190.jpeg

@ginkster Not sure if you can help with this but today I wired the cable to connect to reverse light ( Green and Black ) tried it and switched to reverse camera working as expected, however went for a drive this evening and it kept switching randomly between normal rear view mode and reverse mode ( with guide lines ) which never happened before attaching the wire any thoughts why this is happening?

@ginkster Not sure if you can help with this but today I wired the cable to connect to reverse light ( Green and Black ) tried it and switched to reverse camera working as expected, however went for a drive this evening and it kept switching randomly between normal rear view mode and reverse mode ( with guide lines ) which never happened before attaching the wire any thoughts why this is happening?
It's usually because the reverse light isn't a simple circuit like in traditional analogue vehicles, it's an actively monitored circuit and uses PWM so the pulses can trigger the reverse function.

The best way of solving that is to have a module that reads the reverse signal from the canbus and generates a switched +12v feed.

Failing that some folks have had success with filtering or relays, see this post from @Deaky

It's usually because the reverse light isn't a simple circuit like in traditional analogue vehicles, it's an actively monitored circuit and uses PWM so the pulses can trigger the reverse function.

The best way of solving that is to have a module that reads the reverse signal from the canbus and generates a switched +12v feed.

Failing that some folks have had success with filtering or relays, see this post from @Deaky

Thanks for the reply, I don't really get anything you just said haha may just remove it and switch it manually with out the cable.

Thankfully roadtripper beat me to it ;)

Back