Devastated!!!!

Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
A521DDC8-3FF5-4186-B13D-1D542E67A9B0.jpeg DABDB615-1BD5-496F-A732-DE32A0F9A8E4.jpeg 4E998F16-0756-4C44-B2F0-C1F1186F6C70.jpeg A0A2F0F5-2FCB-4E90-A1A9-B708EB59CCA7.jpeg F0E59633-A640-43DB-A910-5CA55BC315E8.jpeg 87018E26-786A-414C-BA22-0F82DD830E52.jpeg so my van has been with a detailer all weekend, so happy with the results she was better then new! Only got her bk yesterday and then this! Not only that I only had the mirrors pianoed black a couple of weeks ago! Could not be more pissed off! And the w****r got away with it!!

@Pauly can you price me up a new mirror please, think it’s gona be a whole new unit as there’s lots of broken plastic

Heres a diagram of the mirror, prices 1 and 2 are for part one, first is non folding second is power folding
Next two prices are for glass and rear plastic trim (parts 12 & 13)

You would get a bit of discount of those RRP prices but afraid its not going to be cheap :(

mirror.PNG

prices.PNG

@Olly hall, gutted for you. Had you parked it up somewhere and this what a passing driver managed to do? Is your final picture a dented panel as well? It’s hard to make out from the picture what/ where it relates to.

No it happened whilst driving a transit on my side of the road, looks like the mirror has smashed down the side of the van and has scratched the body work, deep enough to get your nail in! It’s also scratched the drivers side window aswell

It happened on a fast road, if my children weren’t in the bk I would of chased him down but he was gone!

It happened on a fast road, if my children weren’t in the bk I would of chased him down but he was gone!
Take it you don’t have imagery from a dash cam that you can pass to the Police/ your insurance company?

Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Transit pick up well over my side of the road - I have a slight suspicion that it was deliberate.

New glass, upper and lower mirror caps for me. Approx. £150 for parts, including the cap painted in Blackberry.
Wiped out any profit on the job I was returning from though :(

I have dashcam footage but frankly don't think it would get me anywhere.

:mad: Why dont people never stop !!!

Because they are spineless immoral scum that couldn't care less what they've done and are more interested in getting away from the scene fast, before they are seen, and even if they were seen and it was caught on dash cam, they'd just say it wasn't them, and the police probably don't have the time or resources to deal with things like this, and would more than likely say it's an issue for your insurance company.

Stuff like this drives me insane, like car park dents, and people wonder why we take up 2 spaces :mad:

A little while ago I witnessed a car skim some parked cars, no major impact but lots of scratches and an obliterated wing mirror and he drove off
I followed him to encourage him to go back but he wouldn’t drop his window beside me at the lights and he was very elderly and had his (I assume wife) in the passenger seat who looked quite shaken so I left them alone
Anyway I went back to the parked cars knocked on some doors and found the owner who answered the door in police support staff uniform, I gave them make/model/colour/registration/time of incident along with rough description of driver and passenger etc etc and left my details then long story short I was contacted by the police asking if I had any evidence as the driver had denied, unfortunately the only details I had were on the back of my hand with a sharpie two weeks before while driving so the police said they couldn’t/wouldn’t pursue it and dropped the matter !!

View attachment 29966 View attachment 29967 View attachment 29968 View attachment 29969 View attachment 29970 View attachment 29971 so my van has been with a detailer all weekend, so happy with the results she was better then new! Only got her bk yesterday and then this! Not only that I only had the mirrors pianoed black a couple of weeks ago! Could not be more p***ed off! And the w****r got away with it!!
Feel for you, we spend so much time ( probably too much!) looking after them and some to**er driving the works van (probably cos it’s a shi**y transit) causes so much pain.....and expense.:mad:

Back