Diesel heater exhaust routing

shaiboyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Currently installing underslung diesel heater, and all going well, but can't find the best routing for the exhaust.

Seen some routing it to the centre of van, using the vans existing exhaust channel, but worried fumes will come into van somewhere (of course will install Carbon Monoxide detector).
Seen others routing it to side of van and making a hole in plastic and out next to sill.
Then the heat from exhaust silencer and pipe...

Unsure whats best, what others done?

Thanks

Silencer close to the heater -

oemfitting.PNG

then I recommend ( if not happy with OEM position in centre of van as above ) run through undertray ( large hole ) and mount at cill using bracket to hold away from bodywork pointing downwards and backwards. Just make sure that you have a downward slope from the heater - if not any downloop must have a 1/8" hole drilled in to allow condensation to drain. ( I had a guy that fitted one of my heaters in a boat and had a long exhaust with a downward loop without a drain and it filled up with water and stopped the heater, wasn't until I got him to describe exactly his installation that I could tell him why his heater stopped working )

Back