DPD Local have lost my awning....

I have always had a good experience with DPD. Like most other I found Herpes were the worst and I avoided them if I could. No idea what they are like now thy have renamed themselves.

Here's a coincidence...or is it?!! After my rant about deliveries and the post office I got this scam in my inbox this morning.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 12.40.29.png

Just having a delivery from DPD tomorrow @Sackmycook and got an email from the vendor saying-

Please note that DPD are currently trialing a new scheme where they will deliver the parcel to a local pick-up store after one failed delivery attempt. If you do not wish for them to do this, please update your delivery preferences on the DPD mobile app to disable deliveries to pick-up shops.

Could this be what has happened to your delivery?

DPD have always been my courier of choice. Very reliable round these parts. Hermes however….

Just having a delivery from DPD tomorrow @Sackmycook and got an email from the vendor saying-

Please note that DPD are currently trialing a new scheme where they will deliver the parcel to a local pick-up store after one failed delivery attempt. If you do not wish for them to do this, please update your delivery preferences on the DPD mobile app to disable deliveries to pick-up shops.

Could this be what has happened to your delivery?
No, I doubt it. From tracking it looks like it never left the local area to where it was collected. The app is taunting me now with regular updates of "Good news - we have your parcel !"

I've got another 6 days of them investigating before anything happens

I'm often astounded by the generosity of forum members, well done @Loz. @JOG very kindly offered us an inflatable kayak to take to France. It's great to see the trust afforded to fellow forum members (who are for the most part strangers, albeit with a shared interest in their vans).
Thanks for the shout - it’s all about looking after each other!

I suspect that it'll been in his stockroom for a year or so before he sells it on.....
Sadly West Mids Police weren't interested, despite the driver being traceable.....

Put it down to experience.....

I suspect that it'll been in his stockroom for a year or so before he sells it on.....
Sadly West Mids Police weren't interested, despite the driver being traceable.....

Put it down to experience.....
Presume you got a refund?

I feel for you mate. Don’t think I’ve ever lost any small value goods but among other things, over the last three years I’ve had a band saw, a mechanics bike stand and an expensive camera bag lost in transit so it’ll take some big changes to return my trust in internet buying.

Back