DPF light

Philipmark1968

I have a 2016 t6 58k and recently dpf light comes on for a day or 2 then off for a week or more then back on and then flashing coil and engine management light . Forced regen clears but 500 miles later stop start goes non active and fan on few days later dpf light on some times this clears and good for a few weeks the same cycle as before. It gets long runs once or twice a week and has well over half tank all the time. Any advice please

My old 2017 204 67k used to do this exactly the same all the time. I eventually sold it (not because of this).
I was working towards having getting a new egr/dpf and as with all my vehicles always running with decent fuel and getting on top of more frequent servicing. It Used to burn oil more than I thought aswell.
Someone on here will have ideas and answers. Be good to know what would cure it.

how was the forced regen done?

have you got access to vcds or other to do some scans?

By a local garage clears issue for around 300miles then dpf light appears and clears a few days later seems to be a cycle eventually dpf light goes out and flashing coil and engine management light comes on

It could relate to any number of things...

You need a better understanding by getting scan data from the van..

Ie a vcds scan etc.

It could be clogging DPF, which may show in the difference pressure sensors.

Clogging EGR valve which is also common.

Something to do with the glow plugs,

If the dash lights come in, then a code will be stored.

That. Ode will give you something to work on, as that's what the van is complaining about.

Ask you garage guy for a full scan, with a VAG specific diagnosis kit.

Or get.yourself a personal code reader....

Back