DSG gearbox getting on my nerves.

FunkyClaude

Hi can anyone tell me where to get my gearbox sorted? DSG on my 2018 150 is rubbish. Find myself using manual all the time, which obviously defeats the object.
Any suggestions Cardiff area.

Yes sorted, as in be smooth and not take 2000 revs for 10 seconds to change from 3rd to 4th. Its like an 80's auto gearbox.

Yes sorted, as in be smooth and not take 2000 revs for 10 seconds to change from 3rd to 4th. Its like an 80's auto gearbox.
I found the same with a courtesy van, thought it was partially me at first but after a day realised it was a bag of crap. How they manage to sell after a test drive I have no idea.

Great I'm in Wales though. Do you have anything local to me ?
Maybe a TVS dealer near you? worth a trip down to us :)
Terrible gearbox. I had an Audi Q5 which was seamless. Same group isn't it?
variation of the same gearbox. TVS will improve both, even your seamless Audi box
My 2022 DSG Sportline is fine?
Better than my wife’s old 2009 DSG EOS??
We can still improve the latest boxes with TVS. We have many new transporters in for software

Have you tried a dsg reset? I’m not sure if it works on vans but I have done this on my golf.
Start ignition but don’t turn on engine.
Hold accelerator down for 20-30 seconds.
Let go of pedal and then turn the engine on.
The view is this level of reset just resets the shift points due to driving style, but worth a shot.

There is a deeper recalibration reset that can be done with VCDS but if it's anything like the reset I had done on the XC70 that's not for the faint of heart as the box will do some disturbing things while it sorts itself out.

Yes I've tried the reset and didn't seem to do anything. I will give it another go as it seems to have worked for some people

Back