Ecoflow Alternator Charger 800W

It's due for release shortly....

Only Influencers had the pre release..

I have just had my ecoflow 800w alternator charger delivered, will let you know how I get on fitting it, any help would be appreciated but I understand it's quite simple, the only issue will be routing the cable.

I have just had my ecoflow 800w alternator charger delivered, will let you know how I get on fitting it, any help would be appreciated but I understand it's quite simple, the only issue will be routing the cable.
Look forward to hearing how you get on.

I reckon this could be a game changer. I see it as a far better solution than solar panels, unless I'm missing something.

I see it as a far better solution than solar panels, unless I'm missing something.
Different solutions for different needs. This will give you up to 800w while your engine is on, solar will give you up to 200w any time it's sunny.

Different solutions for different needs. This will give you up to 800w while your engine is on, solar will give you up to 200w any time it's sunny.
Engine only needs to be on to charge your power station. My Ecoflow will keep me going for two days easy on one charge on its own. A fast top up on the move would end any need solar for me personally.

Yes, so for folks driving every couple of days it's a good option, less so if you're away for a week.

The charge rate of solar will also be much kinder to the batteries, though to be fair EcoFlow use reasonably decent cells so the reduced lifetime is unlikely to be an actual issue.

I hope this will be a game changer but more along the lines of encouraging other folks to produce high voltage output DC-DC chargers, ideally generic ones rather than proprietary ones.

How did it go :)? I have ordered one and are curiuse have you installed it and what performance to expect.

I have been looking at these as watching the videos this looks like a much easier all in one solution combined with a delta 2 or similar. It's certainly on my shopping list for the future. Be interested to see if adding a solar panel is worth it still as well.

How did it go :)? I have ordered one and are curiuse have you installed it and what performance to expect.
There are loads of videos on YouTube about these. Most show it charging at 800w. I would assume it’s going to vary depending on your alternator though, and what else it’s supplying power to.
You can use it to charge the vehicles 12v battery from your Ecoflow battery too if it’s flat.

Isn't this just a B2B charger in a posh frock?
Yes and no if I've interpreted it right!

Basically the EcoFlow PPP's don't allow fast 12v charging, so you either have to have slow 12v solar charging, slow 12v trickle charge from fag lighter or fast 240v charging either on EHU or by taking the unit inside to charge it.

This allows fast 12v charging from a vehicle, but is obviously only compatible with EF PPP's

A B2B charger will allow you to charge any 'naked' battery fast but not an EF!

So broadly speaking it's an EF solution for a problem made by EF - see what they did there??!!

I have been looking at these as watching the videos this looks like a much easier all in one solution combined with a delta 2 or similar. It's certainly on my shopping list for the future. Be interested to see if adding a solar panel is worth it still as well.
Our setup today is a Delta 2 with 200w solar on the roof. To this I have a 5g router and a fridge permanently and charging phones and computer every now and then.

When it good sun it works without any worry. But as soon as it's cloudy or rainy it doesn't charge enough for us.

Thoose cloudy day is also our traveling days, not fun to be cramped into a car a rainy day. So it would be perfect for me with the alternator charger.

Does anyone know how I easily find information in I have the 140A Alternator or 180A.

I have a 2017 Combi Lwb TDI, 4M, DSG, 150HP

I have ordered one but have an existing leisure battery set up. I wonder how I go about hooking it up with the existing or should I be looking at removing the leisure battery system and replacing with this?

Seems pretty good, and has a few extra functions like trickle charging the SB.

This guy has some great videos, reviews of tech stuff and artic circle trips.

I have ordered one but have an existing leisure battery set up. I wonder how I go about hooking it up with the existing or should I be looking at removing the leisure battery system and replacing with this?
Anything that is hardwired into your existing leisure system will likely not work great with a power pack - the connections are much more suited to temporary set ups and tend to have limited current delivery on the DC side - they are solutions to different problems not direct equivalents and I wouldn't see an advantage of removing an existing working setup.

The mind boggles at the ability to spend £300 ish on something that you're not sure will work with your current system!!

If only I had that kind of free cash!!
I have a work van it is planned for predominately as I use the power pack to charge work hand tools when needed but wondered about the T6.

Last edited:
Back