ECU update + EGR delete

pdug175

I recently had an EGR delete on my 2016 T6 to try and fix my EML woes.

After reading further up on the forum, I would have probably been better (at first at least) to update the ECU to the latest version.

My question is, if I take my van to VW for the ECU update will the EGR delete be reversed and revert to normal operation?

Thanks

Yes the firmware in the ECU will be overwritten to the standard including EGR data.

And know the EGR blanking plate won't be removed as far as I know.

Yes the firmware in the ECU will be overwritten to the standard including EGR data.

And know the EGR blanking plate won't be removed as far as I know.
So basically you need to remove the EGR blanking plate to go back to standard then take the van to Volkswagen to have the firmware updated then see how you go.

My understanding is the EGR was deleted in the software so presumably no blanking was necessary?

I recently had an EGR delete on my 2016 T6 to try and fix my EML woes.

After reading further up on the forum, I would have probably been better (at first at least) to update the ECU to the latest version.

My question is, if I take my van to VW for the ECU update will the EGR delete be reversed and revert to normal operation?

Thanks
Hello - I am also considering an EGR delete. May I ask who did yours and how it’s gone?

Back