EGR delete and ECU update in Scotland

Got a link to the kit you ordered? and any video's you used to learn how to do it?
I linked to the kit in post 9 earlier in the thread.
Fitting the emulator is pretty easy. The blanking plates are harder but not impossible if you are OK on the spanners.

So I’ve had my T6 into a well known VAG Tuners in Glasgow for some diagnostic testing on why I was intermittently having the glow plug light up and flashing. The issue appears to be the EGR valve needs either replacing with associated pipes cleaned out too or to have the EGR deleted and coded out. What they are saying though is they can’t guarantee that there won’t be emissions issues in the future, they say they have done others without comeback but they have to say that as up front info. Has anyone had emission issues following their EGR being blanked and coded out? I have a 204ps Shuttle 65 plate T6 with 49k miles with FVWSH.

Didn’t delete or do anything else to the DPF as it’s not a problem.
Blanked the EGR and installed the Tafmet black box rather than map the ECU.
Been working absolutely fine since it was done and in fact I think it is a little better at idle and during pick up.
From what you said in the other thread about turbo oil issues for sure that would probably make life difficult for the DPF.
The Tafmet simulator you linked appears to be for a T5 Bi TDI CFCA engines not the T6 and the CXEB engines? Do the kits and simulators work on both?

The Tafmet simulator you linked appears to be for a T5 Bi TDI CFCA engines not the T6 and the CXEB engines? Do the kits and simulators work on both?
My T6 is CFCA EU5. You will have to do your own diligence if you have the CXEB sorry.

Sorry, slow response to this.

Eventually I caved and went with a new EGR and did not go for the delete. Ultimately, I decided that I'm a cyclist who does miles of city cycling each week. I benefit from reduced polution and so shouldn't be a hypocrite.

Subsequently though I've noticed that my DPF is doing a regen about every 100 miles which is really too regular. Turns out it is at 40% of life. At this point I'm starting to wish I'd gone for a full emmisions delete (EGR and DPF) and to hell with being a hypocrite....

Sorry, slow response to this.

Eventually I caved and went with a new EGR and did not go for the delete. Ultimately, I decided that I'm a cyclist who does miles of city cycling each week. I benefit from reduced polution and so shouldn't be a hypocrite.

Subsequently though I've noticed that my DPF is doing a regen about every 100 miles which is really too regular. Turns out it is at 40% of life. At this point I'm starting to wish I'd gone for a full emmisions delete (EGR and DPF) and to hell with being a hypocrite....
Have you been allowing the regenerations to complete?
I normally use non-supermarket diesel and addative such as Millars or https://www.amazon.co.uk/HYDRA-DPB-...=B079GY9XQV&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_18_t&th=1

repeated short runs are not good, especially if regenerations do not complete. I use the DPF Monitoring App to whatch the soot levels continue to decline after a regeneration beofore stopping if possible

Dragging up an old thread... does anyone know of a garage local to Glasgow that can map out an EGR? I am okay to fit the blanking plates myself, but its the mapping out piece i need someone to do for me.

Back