EGR Faults T6 2.0

CTurner

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’ve been looking at a lot of posts but I can’t find a specific answer to my question. We have a 2018 T6 2ltr Euro 6.

A few weeks ago we had the orange engine light come on and our carista gave the following fault codes:

15560 – EGR Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
25126 – Databus error value received

We cleared the codes and went on a very long journey (Birmingham to Cornwall and back) with no engine light. After another long journey a week later the engine light came back on but this time with these codes:

32807 – Exhaust Gas Recirculation Cooler Efficiency Below Threshold

After clearing again and going on a long journey the 15560 code came back but with no engine light. So it seems the engine light only comes on when another fault comes up. The van drives really well and there is no juddering or anything like that.

We are travelling to France in a couple of weeks (approx. 1500 miles) and are really concerned that if we don’t sort out this problem now we cause a lot of damage from driving it. Is this something to worry about and will we need to get the dreaded EGR Valve changed before we go away or is it unlikely to cause an issue and we can sort out when home? Another problem is I don’t think we will be able to get it booked into a garage with such a short timeframe and we wont be able to test it out much before going away if the work is done.

Any advice on these codes and if the van is safe to drive would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My 2017 4Motion has just had the engine light come on too, and has presented with the same 2 fault codes as yours:

32807 – Exhaust Gas Recirculation Cooler Efficiency Below Threshold.

I cleared them using Carista and have driven another 150 miles, so far the engine light hasn't come back on.

Did you manage to get to the bottom of it? Cheers

Hi,
We had someone look at it from VW and they said it just needs a software update. Apparently it is an issue that crops up on these vans and is a software issue rather than a new EGR valve. He did our MOT a month ago and said he knows it is not a faulty EGR valve as the emissions test was good. We are going to have a software update which he said will sort it. Not going through VW though as it will cost a small fortune. Apparently a software update will cost around £150.

Its worth looking into this software update thing before changing the EGR valve as that is so expensive (we have three quotes ranging between £2500 and £1500).

Hope you get something sorted

My 2017 4Motion has just had the engine light come on too, and has presented with the same 2 fault codes as yours:

I cleared them using Carista and have driven another 150 miles, so far the engine light hasn't come back on.

Hi, just wondering if you have had anymore joy with your EGR fault codes and if you have had a different outcome to us?
Thanks

Hi, I was just wondering if you have got any where with this, my van is showing the same 2 codes and not sure what to do. Do we need a new EGR valve/cooler?
I have since deleted the codes and now only the 15560 code shows up.

Thanks.

Back