Egr pid's

markt6uk

T6 Pro
Does anyone know the PID for the ear valve position and/or the flow rate sensor?

I want to add them on torque

Thanks

Thanks for that, just need the egr flow rate. Wonder if there is a sensor or if it calculates it some how.

There is no flow sensor for EGR. Only intake air flow (MAF), the rest is calculated or looked up from map tables using airflow, temperatures, pressures, injection quantities, valve positions etc.

Thanks, was trying to look into it as around every 6months or so since I've had the van it throws up a insufficient egr air flow. Clear it and it doesn't come back for a long while

Attached the EGR flow rate as ECU reports it - in Torque app format - T6 EU6 engines.

This is the specified flow, right? Ie EGR valve position will be regulated based on this value plus ofc other parameters.

Not sure how exactly EGR insufficient flow is detected but I suppose it could involve at least manifold pressure (too low), exhaust temperature (too high) and O2 (too lean) sensors.

Last edited:
This is the specified flow, right?
Yes, correct - IDE07377. It's simply because the other two PIDs (IDE03383, IDE07086) have never returned anything but plain zero value.

Not sure how exactly EGR insufficient flow is detected but I suppose it could involve at least manifold pressure (too low), exhaust temperature (too high) and O2 (too lean) sensors.
A bit mystery also to me. I have recorded various PIDs trying to find some correlation with the insufficient flow. However, it's a bit challenging from "wildly" varying data what one gets when driving around.

I believe the ECU's built-in test would be a controlled (and thus a good) way to estimate the flow deterioration - based simply on actual mass air flow sensor.

A bit mystery also to me. I have recorded various PIDs trying to find some correlation with the insufficient flow. However, it's a bit challenging from "wildly" varying data what one gets when driving around.

I believe the ECU's built-in test would be a controlled (and thus a good) way to estimate the flow deterioration - based simply on actual mass air flow sensor.

Good call on the MAF, could be simply based on that.

Looking at these three PIDs (idling) IDE07374 = IDE07386 + IDE07377. If the EGR did not provide the specified air mass due to restricted flow, MAF flow would shoot up and provide most of the cylinder mass - easy to detect that in software. Just hypothesis though. :)

Code:
IDE07374-MAS05852,Cylinder mass flow: act. value calculated-Mass flow,43.2, kg/h
IDE07386,Total HFM air mass flow: calculated,32.4, kg/h
IDE07377,EGR valve 1: B1: mass current - specified value,10.8, kg/h

Edit: the measured air mass PIDs are higher than calculated total air mass. So hypothetically insufficient EGR flow could be triggered when these reach or get too close to IDE07374.
Code:
IDE04468,Air mass at air mass meter 1,36.0, kg/h
IDE00347,Air mass: actual value:,10.18, g/s, translates to 36.6 kg/h

Last edited:
Back