EGR still showing commanded value after being remapped out???

Mattw90

Hey guys,

Had the tdi400 remapped this week at a local place in Perth.

Only reason was to map out the EGR function and stage 1 tune. Not blown away by the tune in the slightest having barely noticed a difference and also when I picked it up on Tuesday and plugged Carista back in the DPF was not showing any changes and the egr is still being commanded.

Took it back in this morning and the guys made some changes, DPF now reads and regens which it hasn’t done all week so that’s issue 1 solved but he is 100% that he’s mapped the EGR closed however Carista still shows commanded value and error %. He reckons it will still show a value even if it’s mapped out in the software. I’m not convinced. As a note the EGR isn’t physically blanked at this stage, was hoping the map would be enough.
Anyone else had this done and can confirm either way regards the Carista readings?

It wasn’t a cheap tune and along with another couple of issues in their service if this is wrong I want to go back to them and get it sorted properly if not put back to factory and try and get a refund.
Seemed fairly knowledgeable but not so much on these particular vehicles which leaves me highly suspicious that the egr is still operating and they’ve actually just charged me nothing.

Any help really appreciated with this.

Thanks a lot

Back