Electric sliding door issues

Nickba8387

Hi All, need some help and advice. I have a vw T5.1 64 plate highline with twin electric sliders. The drivers side slider has stopped working from key fob and button on dash. When vehicle is on the dash button flashes and when driving goes solid, tell me the the slider is open eventhough it's locked shut. The passenger side works as it should no problems. I've checked the pinch sensor connector all is good getting 1220 ohm across the cables. I'm thinking it's the control module at fault !
Yours thoughts are much appreciated.

Hi All, need some help and advice. I have a vw T5.1 64 plate highline with twin electric sliders. The drivers side slider has stopped working from key fob and button on dash. When vehicle is on the dash button flashes and when driving goes solid, tell me the the slider is open eventhough it's locked shut. The passenger side works as it should no problems. I've checked the pinch sensor connector all is good getting 1220 ohm across the cables. I'm thinking it's the control module at fault !
Yours thoughts are much appreciated.
Hi there,

My 2019 T6 has been back multiple times for issues with the twin sliders. Had the main door controller (rear right corner of van) and the individual door controllers / locks / sensors replaced but still had issues. Been driving around for the last 6 months with the auto turned off and the driver slider not latching in fully, whilst I waited for a new main controller. Apparently this is a new version to the one previously fitted. Fitted Monday this week and so far all working well...

So far no cost as done under the initial warranty and had 2 sets of the extended warranty since. Though won't be able to take after this current one expires as van will be over 6 years.

The button flashing is a fault indication, a scan of the van may be able to help you narrow it down and give you a bit more direction to troubleshoot

That's the plan, reading multiple threads on here other users doors seem to do whatever they want. It's totally annoying. The next plan was to swap each controller over in turn with the passenger side to see if the fault follows, then check voltages / resistance etc.

Hi @Nickba8387 I will be stripping my 2010 Caravelle Executive with twin sliders in the coming weeks so will have all modules available if required and proving they are the part numbers you need. I can provide a video of both doors working from the key and dash button to show them working.

Sorry if it sounds like I am playing on your misfortune but I would like to help if I can.

Hi phill , that be fantastic. Plan on further investigation this weekend, will get part numbers from modules and post them to see if they match with yours. Will let you know after the weekend.

Bloody technology, why didn't I stick with the normal sliding door, why did I have to go all la de dar, look at me with my electric sliding doors

No problem at all, I am not is a rush either. I did think about retrofitting the electric doors to my other van but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle. Give me a shout when you have done some fault finding.

Good luck

Afternoon All. Last weekend I was going to swap electric sliding door controls around to see which one was the problem. So started the van up Saturday morning to investigate and hey presto the driver side electric sliding door works, opening and closing as should do. This stayed operational all week opening and closing every day, no lights on dash etc. And guess what folks the fault issue has come back today.

My thinking is that I have water ingress somewhere on that side which is getting into the control units affecting the doors. Last week the weather was quite mild and dry, however last night it p****d down all night and the roads were very wet this morning.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Regards

Nick

Back