Electrics Under Double Seat

Steve1978

T6 Guru
Hi,

I have a RING DC30 Smart charger that i am looking to have a go at fitting, anyone got any pointers for me? also under the passenger seat there are some electric cables that come up from under the frame and plug in to ports under the dual seat, any ideas what these electrics are for?

Finally, hooking up the RING charger: do i need to go through the firewall to get to the battery or are there any other battery points inside the T6?

Many thanks peeps

What can you got?

Connection points under bench are usually for rear PDC, rear lights/doors loom and electric seat stuff.

I have the start line no frills version. it has two ceiling lights and of course the rear cluster. not sure by "can" ??

If you don’t have the chunky wiring under the seat (factory-installed aux-battery feed) then that’s not the end of the world - you’ll need to run a cable from the Ring back to the van battery via the firewall as you mention. There are bungs under both front seats that would allow you to run it externally, but then you have the issue of getting under the van and securing those cables - so pulling your floor up and some of the lower dash out doesn’t then seem too much of a pain.

In short you’ll need fused cables running from your van battery to your Ring, then cables from your Ring to your aux battery. There’s also a temperature sensor that the Ring requires you to run to the aux battery.
There are earth studs under each seat.

The Ring itself is a big old unit so, depending on the size of your battery, you’ll need to be careful with room - unless you have the Ring under one seat and the battery under the other.

@travelvolts sold me everything I needed - terminated cables, crimps - the lot. You just tell him what your setup is and he’ll know the cable length and terminals needed.

This is what I have under the seat, it’s a Euro 5 van. Don’t really fancy running all the cables around just to pop some usb sockets in the back, seems like I might give it a miss!

Ps bit grubby:)

BEB56A91-5FC1-410A-825A-958E0B18FC83.jpeg

This is what I have under the seat, it’s a Euro 5 van. Don’t really fancy running all the cables around just to pop some usb sockets in the back, seems like I might give it a miss!

View attachment 36025
If it’s just USB sockets you want and you CBA to fit a leisure battery then I’d just take the power off the van battery - the cigarette lighter is your easiest route.
The Ring will get you around £120 on eBay, I reckon.

View attachment 36025
Those are just the mid loom connectors.

As above if it's just 12v feed for usb, you can take it off the center fuse box.

Or you can fit the whole leisure battery, charger setup.

Thanks Guys, I think the leisure battery idea was initially to power the TV and the stereo so the kids can watch a film whilst stationary (camping etc) but in 2 years i have never needed it so i dont see it starting any time soon!

Back