Essex area remapper - anyone have a recommendation?

kjohnr2001

Be yourself - everyone else is taken...
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, 2017 T28, been remapped for better performance a while ago.
Been having issues with it for a couple of months now, initially P0402 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation “A” Flow Excessive Detected), and 25215. Cleared both with Carista, but both returned fairly quickly. This was followed by the DPF needing a regen, again carried out via Carista, reduced from 37.5gm down to 7gm soot. P0402 then reappeared, cleared again etc.
Spoke to VW, bought and replaced the EGR valve and short rear pipe (genuine VF parts). Away from the garage after a 10 mile test run, error light back on after 1/2 mile - P0402….
Was next advised by a VW Indy locally that a likely cause may be the turbo actuator, another 2-300 quid (if that’s the cause), but he can’t even look until later this month.
Was recommended to another VW indy who has all of the dealer diagnostic equipment, they updated the VF sofware from the factory, checked it over and thought it was sorted after a 15 mile test - after a further 10 miles, error code returned again.
Back to the last Indy, now found one (of 2) of the DPF sensors was u/s and needed replacing, another £400, taken on a test, 12 miles in, guess what!
We are now at the stage of trying to decide whether to get the EGR valve and DPF blanked off and mapped out, or start stripping the intake system looking for sticky butterfly valves, neither of which is a cheap option….
So, can anyone recommend a remapping solution in the Essex area who can quote me on the removal and remap, or do we go down the mechanical route?
I would stress that the van was running really well following the initial remap, and having spoken to the engineer, I am assured that this is the first case like this he has been made aware of.
I would really appreciate any help with this matter if possible, thanks in advance

Used Dan at CTG Performance in Boreham, absolutely first class service, couldn't have been more helpful, definitely worthwhile

Back