Facebook scammers

We use Amazon a reasonable amount - our top tip is to always check delivery times 2 or 3 days or less and the product is usually in the UK. Any more and its shipped from outside, which may or may not be an issue.

Reactions: CAB
All,

Please beware of a seller called Dominic Howells. His listings, photos etc really do appear genuine - i.e. from someone who genuinely has and knows their Transporter stuff.

I'm after a Captains seat - price of course seemed too low - but he answered questions only someone with such a seat would know. Fact he replied instantly and anything I wanted - e.g. discount, could he arrange a courier - all agreed to straight away just started the doubts.

I was tempted, but that doubt was there. Sensible head did kick in - thank goodness. He's posted loads of adds to Transporter Facebook groups - sadly some have been scammed looking at the comments.

My advice - if you can't physically go and see it, it's just not worth the risk. Even if you are offered the chance to view - never pay a deposit - you can simply be given a false address.

One of his adverts:

No doubt sadly one of many, but if my post saves just one person on here being scammed then that's a bonus,
Please all be aware that this guy is still operating. I nearly fell for it yesterday. Check him out. He’s been ripping people off for a while now.

There’s one scam that I don’t understand. Every now & then, FB marketplace gets flooded with ads for a certain item. The ads have all the same pictures, but are from different sellers around the country. The item is usually a high value item at a ridiculously low price. E.g. last week it was a Dewalt 10” site table saw, brand new £80. These retail at £600+. I contacted various sellers & not one responded. It has to be a scam, but I’m buggered if I can work out what the scam is.
I’ve seen that too. I think it’s the same scammer using different names and locations so that they get picked up by the search radius in large population areas across the country. Why only scam some of the UK when you can scam it all?

I’ve seen that too. I think it’s the same scammer using different names and locations so that they get picked up by the search radius in large population areas across the country. Why only scam some of the UK when you can scam it all?
Yep does 2 main things; it increases the chance of being regarded as "local" in those algorithms but also many algorithms try to group common/popular things to promote them or include them in suggestions so having a lot but in different areas and sellers makes it look "popular"

When you have an ecosystem of algorithms with value you also get an ecosystem of gaming them, or at least attempts to.

hi - even for genuine purchases via paypal
make sure you always use goods and services - never friends and family - as you have some someback if the transaction for whatever purpose goes wrong.

Actually very comfy, might wear it down the pub..
OK. Just tried it on. Hopefully just enough room for a pair of thermals and tee under the top. I'm not getting a great feeling about an Indian summer forecast looking at the BBC! Knew I should have gone for a large! But looking at @Dellmassive 's outfit, that looked a bit 'generous' to say the least!

Back