Fan / heater speed control

M.Dub6

Hi all,

Iv recently purchased a 2018 T6 2.0 and noticed the fan speed only works on setting 4. Iv done some research on here and understand it to be caused by the heater blower resistor?

Does anybody know of the correct replacement and where I could get one? Iv looked on eBay but there doesn’t seem to be any for my year of vehicle. Has anybody used a eBay replacement if so could you please share a link?

Thankyou

Thank you, I’ll give it a go for the price. After a while searching I can’t believe how common a problem this is! Crazy

Hi there Guys , I have a 2016 T6 , with the same problem , the fan only works on setting 4 and nothing else . Would my 2016 T6 use the same resistor ? Is this easy to fit or do you have to take out half the dashboard ? Where is it located etc ? Any help gratefully received

Hi mate,

The part recommended above fixed the issue on my T6 2018 I’m guessing it would work for you also. It’s a really easy job, the resistor is located on the passenger side and accessed by removing the plastic covering in the footwell. There are a few how to vids on YouTube.

Good luck

Back