Fitting the Reimo multi-rail

I might keep the rail and then have another go in summer when the weather is better and the van is not knew. It won’t seem so stressful drilling holes in it when it’s been used and abused for a few months.
I fitted some Bilstein coil overs last month and they’re ace. I can do it I just need another pair of steady hands and some positive vibes. Thanks again for asking.

Well tomorrow after work I’m going to finally attempt fitting the rail.
As the fitting instructions aren’t in English, obviously.., I’ve watched a few videos and read some posts on the forum, but still a little nervous, any final words of advice welcome.
I’m going to use 2mm drill bits, I’ve primed the bare metal ends and degreased the bodywork.
Will spot prime any drilled holes and use a dab of silkaflex in holes before the screws.
What’s the best solution to remove any excess sikaflex mess I make?
Cheers

Depending which side you are fitting it I think one of the trunk wiring runs is along the roofline, I think the passenger side on UK vans?

For sealing I find it's best not to get too much excess where it needs cleaning up, try instead to have a good lot of masking down. I tend to be paranoid and tape some newspaper or dust sheets under where I'm doing anything in case stuff drops.

Depending which side you are fitting it I think one of the trunk wiring runs is along the roofline, I think the passenger side on UK vans?

For sealing I find it's best not to get too much excess where it needs cleaning up, try instead to have a good lot of masking down. I tend to be paranoid and tape some newspaper or dust sheets under where I'm doing anything in case stuff drops.
Cheers, this one is going on the drivers side, to help channel the rain away, as we have a poptop that covers over the original roof rain gutter, definitely hoping there’s no cables, I’ll only drill as deep as the supplied screw length.
Yes getting a decent bead of Sikaflex along under the length of rail is going to be interesting, not too much and not too little that it doesn’t make a good contact.

Back