Fuel efficiency with 20inch alloys. Swap?

EdBooth28

Hi all I'm new to the forums and don't have much technical knowledge for this sort of thing. I recently bought a new T6 LWB shuttle and it came with 20inch Wolfrace alloys on.

I wondered if changed to the Hankook style original VW Highline wheels, due to being narrower, would they be more fuel efficient??
Also, if I did revert to any standard VW wheels, would I need to do any changes regarding calibration etc??

Many thanks for any info...

You won't need to re-calibrate the speedo if you go to the OEM 17" Devonports as they are the wheels the vehicle was originally on. And yes you should see an improvement in mpg as less rolling resistance.

You won't need to re-calibrate the speedo if you go to the OEM 17" Devonports as they are the wheels the vehicle was originally on. And yes you should see an improvement in mpg as less rolling resistance.

IMG_6796.jpegI meant these, not Davenport’s. I’m not sure what they are.
Would it have made a difference if whoever put the 20” on had it calibrated then to them?

I'd be extremely surprised if the previous owner recalibrated the speedo, and if he fitted the correct tyres he/she wouldn't have needed too anyway.

I think 20in wheels on a T6 are essentially a fashion statement only, I think they'd probably be detrimental to some extent in most practical aspects you could think of.

They are indeed 16" Claytons.
I have exactly the same wheel / tyre combo and get around 42-43mpg (150HP, 6 speed man, camper conversion)

Back