Fusebox Extension Kit Set For Tow Bar Electrics 000055212A instructions

adamalport

VIP Member
**UPDATE* I now have the instructions, kindly supplied by Paynewright and are visible below.

Has anyone got the instructions for fitting the tow bar electrics fuse panel, 000055212A, that fits under the passenger seat. I have the genuine kit but it didn't come with instructions.
Specifically the routing of the feed cable back to... wherever, and the mounting of the large supply fuse holder and its connection.

kit.jpg

It's going to look something like this? This is all I've been able to find

int.jpg

Last edited:
Do either of these two threads help?

This has links to wiring diagrams:
T6.1 pax seat factory-LB wiring

This has a link to the Westfalia fitting guide

Also there are these two items in the Downloads section:

Do either of these two threads help?

This has links to wiring diagrams:
T6.1 pax seat factory-LB wiring

This has a link to the Westfalia fitting guide

Also there are these two items in the Downloads section:
Thank you for that information, I've looked through each topic, and although very useful (especially when I come to fit a tow bar), it doesn't quite cover where the new wiring from fuses SH5-SH12 connects back to.

There should be a plastic carrier that screws to the seat base. This is not in the kit though - (non) optional extra

There should be a plastic carrier that screws to the seat base. This is not in the kit though - (non) optional extra
Yes I already have that carrier under the seat you mention and bought the new red fuse holder strip (SH1-12) to go in there, (see photo). There is a long cable attached to the new red fuse holder strip (SH1-12) and it's that cable that I'd like to know the correct routing for, and the correct location and termination for the other fuse holder in the photo.
I could just make it up, but since I've bought the correct kit I'd like to keep it as standard as possible.

PXL_20240912_171909193.jpg

Doesn’t it feed back to SA3?
Is that the one under the battery, will the big black fuse holder with ring crimp that comes with the kit clip in there? I'm also hoping someone has the VW instructions that normally comes with the kit, and hoping it shows the path for routing the cable. I've found a Westfalia one but it is very vague

Ian
I'm still searching the internet for the proper VW instructions about fitting the 000 055 212A extension kit, and I came across one of your old threads "Towbar Electrics again!". You posted a page from the instructions below, this has already given me a lot of information about the routing and where the wire comes through the bulkhead. If you could post some more pictures of this document I think it would help me greatly.
Is there any info in there about where to fit the extra fuse holder supplied? Ads-Essex suggested it is fed from SA3 under the main battery, which sounds likely.

Best regards
Adam

E58E6476-8D7A-418D-9ADD-B357A12D3BAA (1).jpeg

I did my install slightly different to the book, as we plan to fit a leisure battery at some point. I brought a fused thick battery cable through behind the battery to under the drivers seat and fitted a threaded connection post. This is where we plan to fit the leisure battery. I then shortened the fuse box feed cable and joined at the threaded post.

The cradle part number is shown on the instructions below and the two screws are used to fix it to the (single) seat base via two holes already in the metalwork. I’m sure there would be somewhere suitable on the double seat.

I do think the cable routing is for LHD vehicles and could go via the passenger side on UK vehicles and shorten the cable accordingly.

I got my cable connectors, fuse holders and hammer type crimp tool from 12volt planet.

(Edited to remove un-readable booklet pictures and re uploaded further down at higher resolution)

IMG_3706.jpegIMG_3707.jpeg

This is how it looks under the drivers side, fixed to some phenolic ply bolted to the seat base. All ready to reconfigure should we fit a leisure battery.

IMG_3708.jpeg

Last edited:
Perfect this has been a great help and exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
I can see now that the additional supplied fuse carrier; they connect directly to the +ve of the battery and not SA3 as I thought. Obviously there are many equally valid ways to do it, but sticking to this way, if someone is fault finding in future it might be easier for them to follow. The cable does seem follow an un-necessarily tortuous route to the battery which I might change. I'm thinking of also fitting the alternative centre console with bottle cooler and cup holders at the same time so will have a lot of the dash covers removed for access.

Back