Got me a 69 plate crew van what now ?

mont63

Hi all, just got me a bog standard 69 plate T6 crew van in white, immaculate low mileage example running 16in steels, i have a few pennies going spare for my 1st two mods, wheels will be the 1st upgrade, what would you folk do next. Cheers

Depends what you want to use it for ?
There are a few cheap mods you could go for......sounds like a golf door seals, heka or similar wind deflectors, rubber window rubber to stop your shot sliding into the dash abyss....

Rather than spending too much immediately, live with the van, as is, for a while.
Make a list of what you think that you need/want and then re-evaluate following time with the van.
You will almost certainly find that the list evolves.
Spend money on things that actually make a difference to your life with the van.

Wise words indeed, driven the T5, T6, and 6.1 on contract lease up till 2022 for12 years for my job averaging 75000 a year only problem I ever had was faulty Ad blue sensors on the 6.1. Now i finally bought one for personal use as i like them so much and so versatile, obviously i couldn't mod a lease vehicle so that's why i posted on here to get a few suggestions i hadnt thought of.

Regularly driven on decent distances and speeds, the T6 and T6.1 are brilliant. The issues seem to be on irregular, infrequent short journeys which cause emissions problems for many and a haphazard response from VW. You can see loads of young high mileage vehicles on resale websites so I have no doubt they work as designed for what they are, delivery vans.
Just my honest opinion

Some 18" Swamper wheels with 235/55 r18 ATs, arch and lower door trims, snorkel, roof bar system with sand ladders and a tailgate ladder, change your name to Mad Max and sit back while the ladees clamour for a ride ;)

In all seriousness, there are so many 'looks' and VW van subcultures you could take the mods in dozens of directions for appearance, and a dozen more for practicality. Depends what turns you on and what you'll be using the van for.

I like subtle, so apart from swapping out the 16in steel wheels for 17in alloys and a pair of wind deflectors it will mainly be mods for interior practicality and comfort
Heat and soundproofing, full carpet job, LED lighting, speakers in the rear

Do fishists not venture out in the cooler months these days? ;)

Mods are a personal choice. Especially when talking about applying to a 30k + Van.

As you spend more time browsing on the forum, what you do & don’t like will become clear & you’ll likely head a certain route with it as a result…

Another good indicator that you’ve found the look you’re aiming for, is that you’ll be perpetually skint as a direct result of attempting to make it a reality.

All the best :thumbsup:

Back