[Guide] Fitting a steering wheel

Hi I have bought a T6.1 Steering wheel that has been stripped of the buttons and bezel etc, and looking for the buttons and bezel so I can fit to my 2019 T6.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the buttons and bezel and would I need anything else ?

Are these the correct switch's :- 7E0959442AICX

And is this the correct bezel :- 5G0419091

When refitting, make sure the white locking bar on the wiring connector is pushed firmly all the way back in, otherwise the airbag warning light can stay on…

Tonight I have looked at every Mk7/B8 MFSW on EBay, and they all have a Mode button where my MFSW has the cancel (CNL) button (as in the OPs photos). Before committing, I would like to be sure that I can use those on my Highline van? If so, would I need to change the buttons over, or can the Mode button on these wheels do the CNL job?

I just swapped my MFSW buttons into the flat bottomed Mk7 / B8 that I bought for my highline. Paddles worked straight away also.

Hi does anyone know the part numbers fir the switches so I can buy them and a Passat / Golf steering wheel and then fit the correct switches, I have a plastic no MFSW, as I have since found out that I can't use the T6.1 steering wheel I purchased.

Regards Richard

I just swapped my MFSW buttons into the flat bottomed Mk7 / B8 that I bought for my highline. Paddles worked straight away also.
Thank you.
To clarify, I am hoping to add ACC to my van (that’s a conversation for elsewhere so no comments on it in this thread please), so I need a wheel with the ACC button and will want to use the button cluster on the new wheel rather than my old buttons for this reason. I assume that the mode button has the same electrical connections as the CNL button and will provide the same functionality regardless of what is printed on the button. But you know what they say about the word “assume”*, so I would like confirmation.

*(“assume” makes an Ass out of U and Me!)

My new MFSW came with the ACC buttons but as you say the CNL and also the voice control was in the wrong place, so swapped them out, so can’t help there sorry.

Last edited:
Morning all. Some advice needed. I fitted a flat bottom steering wheel with airbag. And I need to get it coded. But the horn does not work either. Have I done something wrong or Is this part of the coding piece. Thanks

IMG_1080.jpeg

Morning all. Some advice needed. I fitted a flat bottom steering wheel with airbag. And I need to get it coded. But the horn does not work either. Have I done something wrong or Is this part of the coding piece. Thanks

View attachment 200841

wrong wheel (wrong button and modules)?

did you have buttons before?

the horn is connected to "button control modules" in the mfsw, so you might need additional wires to the wheel for LIN bus and power?

Followed your write up today......took about 2hrs to remove the golf mk7 buttons off the flat bottom mfsw and do the same to my t6 round mfsw......its a M12 spline to remove my wheel, reattached my buttons from my t6 round wheel on to the flat bottom wheel with dsg paddle, refitted, works perfectly, not a single fault code as i reused the original buttons (have ghost fitted) loom and airbag.........dsg. paddles are amazing as my van is a 204 4motion..no more lazy labouring gear changes.....instant finger tip chanes with the paddles.......thank you for giving me the confidence to try it...

The golf mk7 mfsw i fitted had ACc and Mode. Buttons, but looked identical to my 2017 mfsw, so replacing with my original kit off my wheel bypassed any/all issues.

10/10

is it possible to fit an identical wheel T6 sportline (new one has paddle shifts) . & the paddles to be functional? Cheers

is it possible to fit an identical wheel T6 sportline (new one has paddle shifts) . & the paddles to be functional? Cheers
Hello mate. I have a manual so I’m unsure, but am fairly certain I’ve read a post from @Tourershine where he swapped his MFSW with his mum’s Golf MFSW+Paddles and it worked.

I see you’ve posted on the Guide thread - someone with more knowledge will advise, I’m sure.

Good luck!

Back