[GUIDE] How to retrofit A-pillar grab handles on T6 and T6.1

Thanks for this how to, i just managed to grab some off Ebay, £85, I'm hoping they are okay, they looked it in the picture, i don't suppose there are any measurements for where we cut the holes are there? i don't recall seeing marking on my pillars when i removed them the last time? thanks in advance.

Thanks for this how to, i just managed to grab some off Ebay, £85, I'm hoping they are okay, they looked it in the picture, i don't suppose there are any measurements for where we cut the holes are there? i don't recall seeing marking on my pillars when i removed them the last time? thanks in advance.
Its not "marked" in a sense of paint or anything its a shape like the bottom of the handles

Thanks for this. The wife misses the handle in the new T6.1 every time she boards. The T5 and T6 had handles, but the T6.1 doesn't.
Fortunately the local VW dealer was very helpful and I could order the parts. Now for installation, but my wife (and anyone older than 70 years of age) will be forever thankful.

Got my fitted today, albeit with help from a friend, but there fitted and looking great, thanks for the link and help.

Thanks for the instructions. The pics helped me to orientate the handle, and double check where the holes needed to be drilled. I did not have to remove the plastic fitting completely - it was easy enough to fit the base plate with the a-pillar fitting intact. Hint. Use a measuring tape to measure the location of the handlebar holes and then copy to the plastic fitting. Drill the top hole first, align the hole using a pin, and then drill the bottom hole. Once drilled opening up the hole with the small blade of my sharp Victorinox pen knife was easy. Now my wife and parents are happy☺

GrabHandleT6.1.jpg

Back