[Guide] Kombi Bed/shelf system DIY

Looks very good, I am looking to do similar but with the option to move the near side across towards the off side with narrower centre spans, which I could turn around 180odeg to fit lengthwise, so that I could fit my MTB in for solo away days. What do you think?
My main use for the van is cycling, i can fit road bike in the back still either on top of the shelf or straight in. I also use the back as a 'changing room' just lift one of the shelfs on the other.

IMG_5909.jpegIMG_5908.jpegIMG_5816.jpeg

Using @ Beng's design as inspiration I have made my own bed/storage. I had slightly different needs, and designed it with asymmetric storage, larger r/h storage. A double bed or single with a bike.
One thing I done was use the mat as a template for the base. As I used a frame I went down to 12mm hardwood ply. My build did cost a fair bit more than @ Beng's though.

20240725_113214.jpg

20240725_123738.jpg

20240725_124457.jpg

20240725_125645.jpg

Love this, great job! Out of interest, how did you fix the Nooks Board? I’ve just got one and unsure of the best way to do it.

Love this, great job! Out of interest, how did you fix the Nooks Board? I’ve just got one and unsure of the best way to do it.
I replaced the original rear quarter wood with 6mm ply and carpeted that so that it was much stronger., then just screwed into it.

I replaced the original rear quarter wood with 6mm ply and carpeted that so that it was much stronger., then just screwed into it.
Yeah that’s kind of what I thought. Was toying with the idea of trying to use rivnuts in the metal work but if the 6mm is strong enough that’s much simpler. Cheers

Unfortunately i no longer have my Van, if anyone is interested in purchasing the bed/shelf system send me a DM, i also have the nooks board and rear VanShades blind. I'm based in Lymington, Hampshire

Back