Haldex failure out of box?

d4vy

I bought a 17 plate t6 204ps and when I did a scan on my Carista it said haldex pump failure

Sure enough only front wheel slippage on test coming out of my local slipway with the boat on.

I Ordered a new pump & fitted it yesterday, when I did the calibration (it whined up as its should) and then all 4 wheels were spinning under test.

Today when I scanned the van I’m getting the same haldex pump failure fault and when I tried to re calibrate it the whining was really Intermittent (like it was trying and failing to run) and the calibration failed.

Having looked through the service history it already had a new pump 3 months & 3k ago.. so I’m guessing that a faulty pump isn’t the issue but something else?

Any advice on what it could be?

Thanks

Last edited:
Edit:

Just scanned with a vcds computer and it’s now throwing me up C1112 04 (haldex clutch pump, Faulty)

I also found the paperwork for previous diagnostics in march and it gave the same code along with c1112 11 (haldex clutch pump, short circuit to ground)

IMG_6432.jpeg

IMG_6433.jpeg

yea checking the codes it seems like an ecu repair is needed. il contact them on monday as it was them I bought the new pump off. thanks

Reactions: mmi
Back