Hello from France

Welcome to the forum! I visit Normandy regularly.
France is a beautiful country. Been to Belgium on my way back from Holland too. Roads and traffic is miles better than the UK!!

Lovely looking Bus you have too! Great TSi engine!

Thank you :) I recently slept next to the Tancarville bridge next to the Normandy bridge. It was amazing :) I bought a TSi because the French government is gradually restricting the use of diesel in cities and the list is growing for many European cities.

IMG_5610.jpeg

Hi all,
very pleased to join this forum which has already helped me well to replace a reversing radar buzzer.
I own a 2018 T6 TSI 150 converted into a campervan.
My wife, my daughter (10 years old) and I are living in the north of France, so we can easily spend the weekends at the seaside or exploring Belgium or the Netherlands.
My next trip will be to Scotland for 3 weeks! Looking forward to it.
I'm leaving next week and I'm in the process of completing the final improvements: LED headbands, reading lights, additional USB ports…
See you soon

View attachment 251281
On your way to Scotland, have a chance to spend some time in Northumberland. There are wonderful Castles, beaches, historic sites and cultural attractions. Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and Alnwick Castle (Harry Potter) are just a few....

On your way to Scotland, have a chance to spend some time in Northumberland. There are wonderful Castles, beaches, historic sites and cultural attractions. Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and Alnwick Castle (Harry Potter) are just a few....

Shhhh. Don't tell everyone, I love my morning wander along Druridge Bay with just me and maybe two other people on the beach. I love living here.:)

1000048194.jpg

Hi all

Just joined up.. this is our new (to us) 2019 T6 LWB.

We had (still have) a 2008 T5 UK registered, but it has proved difficult to re-register in France due to the addition of rear seats and windows. It has now developed a gearbox whine and needs some welding (sills). Insurance company won't cover it anymore as the registration process hasn't been completed. It's parked in the barn for now with plans to restore it later.

So new van time.
Not much planned so far. I want to replace the fixed side windows with opening ones and fit some heavy duty rear springs to cope with loading a couple of motorbikes. (Did the same on the T5) I think it's the same process on the new one.

Anyway, here to listen to good advice and share the experience

Cheers
Mark

1000048193.jpg

Welcome along Mark :waving:

Where abouts in France do you live?
Hi

About 50 minutes north of Limoges.
Kinda the middle of nowhere really. But it's peaceful and mostly warm (not quite so much this year)

I'll search the forum but does anyone know how to disable the bloody annoying parking sensors beeps?
I'll have to live with the screen activation every time I select reverse. I think I might be able to just unplug the PDC.

Always hated parking sensors. If you can't park it don't drive it lol

Back