Help please! Blocked DPF issues.

amb03

Hi all,
As the thread suggests, I’ve got the coil light and Engine management lights on - so in limp mode. Carista is stating 60grams of soot and won’t perform a forced regen. These are the faults showing:
IMG_7418.png
I have removed the DPF from the vehicle and used wynns off the car DPF cleaner, reinstalled to the van and I’ve still got the same issues/codes.
The codes also reappear immediately when cleared without the engine running. Does this suggest a sensor issue?!
Please help!!
T6 2017 150bhp engine.

Andy

Any back story?

Adapting ash mass to zero in the ECU should allow to clear the 23902 fault and then perform a forced regen. However, I don't think Carista can do that.

Evening, only back story really is that it’s gone from my daily commuting van (40mins on motorway) to worst case scenario, 5 min picking up kids from school once or twice a week.
I can’t recall it ever trying a regen whilst driving, so the soot seems to have built up without warning.

Reactions: mmi
I can’t recall it ever trying a regen whilst driving,
On a healthy engine while driving it's almost impossible to know when the regen is happening.

Anyways, behind the fault code there should be a lot more data recorded, including when the last regen was.
What does the "More data" button on Carista show?
23902 - Particle Filter
P2463 00 [10100011] - Excessive Soot Accumulation
MIL ON - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 79049 km
Date: 2063.01.15
Time: 13:28:22

Engine RPM: 0.00 /min
Normed load value: 0.0 %
Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
Coolant temperature: 33 C
Intake air temperature: 16 C
Ambient air pressure: 960 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 12.273 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Counter for regeneration time of particulate filter: 0 s
Particle filter: kilometers since last regeneration: 35.7
Particle filter: soot mass measured: -1.98 g
Particle filter: soot mass calculated: 40.18 g
Particl.filt.: differential pressur.sensor 1 bank 1: dyn.offset: 1.5 mbar
Particle filter: field regeneration lock status: 8

[Courtesy of 2018 VW Transporter Kombi coil light and limp mode]

Nope, further down is just voltage of battery, which is a little low but I’m aware of that. Carsita is ok for tinkering but not great when you need to delve deeper!

Reactions: mmi
Nope, further down is just voltage of battery, which is a little low but I’m aware of that. Carsita is ok for tinkering but not great when you need to delve deeper!
Carista beta shows km since last regeneration.

Is it unusual that the fault code appears back immediately after clearing when only the ignition is on? I would have thought the engine needs to be running to get pressure readings across the dpf to determine soot levels? Does this suggest sensor issues?

Carista beta shows km since last regeneration.
Is the carista beta further info (last dpf regeneration) in the debug info that it performs? I can’t seem to access that? When I perform the usual service menu-dpf regen etc it shows the same amount of detail as the non beta app?

For reference my 6.1 regenerates around every 180-200 miles (about 70% dual carriageway 30% local)

28 hours seems implausible on the face of it as this thread has been going on longer than that - I can only assume that's the last time the conditions for a regen were met but it was not attempted due to the soot level?

For reference my 6.1 regenerates around every 180-200 miles (about 70% dual carriageway 30% local)

28 hours seems implausible on the face of it as this thread has been going on longer than that - I can only assume that's the last time the conditions for a regen were met but it was not attempted due to the soot level?
I took the 28 hours as being engine running hours rather than say yesterday at 7.40am?

How blocked was the dpf when you had it off the van? Had an Audi A6 3.0 quattro dpf that a filled up faster than it emptied with a hose pipe. No idea how it even managed to run the engine at tickover. Only thing that worked was having it properly cleaned.

I took the 28 hours as being engine running hours rather than say yesterday at 7.40am?
That's a much more likely (and obvious!) interpretation - does that fit with how you use the van?

Back