How do you mark your campsite pitch if you need to leave site in van?

on a couple of occasions that we have, the on-line booking system has mentioned a 'pup tent' (or similar) at extra cost. I've always ticked the 'No' box and never been pulled up .
A 'pup tent' depending on which site you use is normally intended for children to sleep in and is often chargeable.
An 'equipment tent' however just to throw your junk in is normally free ....the same as a toilet tent would be .

Reactions: CAB
My nephew got myself and MrsRT personalised T6 tin mugs by this artist (which are great) but they also do a sign for this purpose

These are great! We have one of them too.

I don't normally do poled tents, but after my initial reservations in taking away our 'sorting hat' Eurohike Teepee (£69 from all good retailers) I must say I have been impressed with its sturdiness in 40mph+ winds. It has one central pole and about 200 pegs holding it down.
It has reserved our pitch, it is our shed tent, the cooking has been happening in there, and with the Mozzie lantern in the top it is a useful beacon at night when heading back from the shower block.
There has been a couple of catastrophic pole tent disasters on site, but this weird little fella lives on!
Just needs a coat of magnolia now to match the van!

20240809_213632.jpg

20240809_213439.jpg

Following the rule of dual use for everything we use a (collapsible) bucket with some water in it for stability. We place the bucket in the middle of the pitch and hang through the handle a dayglow yellow fabric with ‘occupied’ written on it.

Back