How does the Shuttle rear heater work?

John Guppy

VIP Member
Looking for some help with the rear heater system , on looking at the manual its unclear how the rear heater system works looking under the N/S it seems there is some sort of heater with a metal exhaust pipe the whole of the side is covered with plastic including the fuel tank i think it looks like a diesel heater but it has no switches other than one markedif rear on dash and roof controls to push heat from vents to rear vents in trim low down i was thinking this might be an aux heater if so how does it work in my T6 California i had a remote

Just purchased a 2017 T6 Shuttle and not sure how the rear heather works it seems to have under the N/s a heater with an exhaust pipe just in front of the fuel tank there is a blower control in the roof vents and a fan motor in side o/s/r and a button on dash marked rear is this a fuel heater run off the main tank or just a separate heater fed off the engine would be greatful for some help

It sounds like you have 3 zone climate control and a separate night heater.

The climate control works just like any other from the dash control panel. You can set the temperature at the front with the left and right dials. To set the temperature in the back, press the REAR button, and use the same dials to adjust it. Rear passengers can use the controls in the headliner. There should also be a REST button. This will keep the heater going with the ignition off whist there is still some heat in the coolant. Useful for when you are waiting in the van for 30 mins or so.

The night heater is for when you are parked up and there is no temperature in the coolant.

If its a factory fit heater open the drivers door there will be a sticker telling you what has been fitted ie webasto or eberspacher and a model/type

It sounds like you have 3 zone climate control and a separate night heater.

The climate control works just like any other from the dash control panel. You can set the temperature at the front with the left and right dials. To set the temperature in the back, press the REAR button, and use the same dials to adjust it. Rear passengers can use the controls in the headliner. There should also be a REST button. This will keep the heater going with the ignition off whist there is still some heat in the coolant. Useful for when you are waiting in the van for 30 mins or so.

The night heater is for when you are parked up and there is no temperature in the coolant.
Thanks very much with your reply , i dont have a sticker inside any doors saying i have a night heater on looking under it does seem to have a heater fitted but its covered with a plastic cover just in front of the fuel tank and does seem to have a exhaust pipe poking out the hole the switch on the dash does say rearwhen i put this on the fan blower in the rear runs blows cold untill van gets hot then the heat controls fan speed and top or bottom air vents work and once water is hot it works but if i have a desial heater i guess you cannot use this on the run so is there a way of turning it on say 15 mins before you start the engine to warm rear of van

Back