How much dodo mat should I use?

M4rc

T6 Pro
I’ll be lining out our van soon ready for full conversion. I’ll will be using the Dodo Mat for sound deadening Pannels and roof. In addition an adhesive thermoliner.

I’ve had mixed opinions with Dodo mat, some say, cover the entire panel some say just the odd piece will be enough?

Could any please advise? I imagine it would be adding a lot of weight if totally covers the panels.

You certainly don't need to 100% cover every panel with the deadening stuff. All you need is enough to stop / dampen the reverberations. Insulation will need better/ complete coverage

Watch these videos from Greg Virgoe.

Looks like that first one didn't load. Here's a screen shot of the video so you can search for it.

Screenshot_20240819-215332_YouTube.jpg

You certainly don't need to 100% cover every panel with the deadening stuff. All you need is enough to stop / dampen the reverberations. Insulation will need better/ complete coverage

Watch these videos from Greg Virgoe.

Those are really good videos showing sound deadening. So many people go over the top with deadening panels, when all they need are pads in strategic places. Saves money, hassle and reduces the weight.

Those are really good videos showing sound deadening. So many people go over the top with deadening panels, when all they need are pads in strategic places. Saves money, hassle and reduces the weight.
Greg's day job was designing industrial air vents systems, those big metal pipes/conduits you see in large spaces so he knows a thing or two about panel boom!

When we worked on our van I ordered a lining sample from somewhere, (Kiravans) I think.

It came with a 10x10cm of deadening material. I stuck one corner of it very loosely to the middle of an old baking tray and it turned it from a ringing cymbal into a flat dead thump. That convinced me along with those videos.

Back