Sound Proofing Roof Area of Kombi - what thickness should I use ?

A set of trim tools off eBay or Mr Besos will make the job easier, and probably a small allen key. I've done my whole van, ( and carpeted the ply panels ) and if I can do it, anyone can.

Just a note; the roof of my new T6.1 already had a fair amount of VW sound deadening material applied. I was in fact, quite surprised by the amount of various materials applied to the van at the factory, maybe VW are upping their game.
I noticed the rain hitting the roof. Wouldn't the sound deadening improve the noise levels ?

Yes, it will deaden and help, not eradicate it however
I have watched a youtube channel where a customer has had silent coat sound deadening virtually all over. The ceiling is entirely covered. The wheel arches are coated with 4mm silent coat.

I can't find 4mm with Dodo. I'm considering 4mm with my arches. The ceiling maybe 1.8mm as I know heavy rain sounds like hitting a tin can. The only thing with 4mm on the wheel arches will VanStyles covers fit over 4mm? I don't intend to carpet.

Here's the youtube clip Silent coat sound deadening

We use 2 mm on everything. Tried 1.7, didn't like it, didn't give adequate results. Not sure on wheel arch covers but you can also sound deaden wheel arches from outside under plastic panels if needed.

Back