How noisy is a poptop to drive

Ask seller, get pics, share here. :thumbsup:
Hi Baz

The garage did not not know why!

We factored in £1k for our own snagging and extras (although reading this forum extras are unlimited).

We are paying £36k.

The advert is hear- we like the van and think a reasonable price with warranty (subject to roof not squeaking).

You can see it here in this picture
1000007185.jpg
Looks like the window zip up panel has been 'repaired' or maybe it's been taped up because it was leaking? If both sides are the same that's a little strange.

I presume the duck tape you mentioned is this...? If so, not sure what that would be.
1712183615757.png

Just up the road from me as well. Hope it gets sorted.

If you do get it and have issues I’ve not used them but will but Bognor Motors are spoken highly of In this forum

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.
With reference to the roof squeak, definitely sounds metallic and not material related. With the latter, sometimes if the pop top isn't stowed away correctly, the fabric will rub and squeak (had this myself) a good clean and some silicone spray on the canvas and seals seemed to sort that issue.
When/if you take it for a further test drive and if the noise is still there, get someone to pull down on the grab handles for the roof (to add mass) if the squeak/rattle disappears it would usually indicate something is loose or misaligned.
Good luck with the purchase and as you have already eluded to, it is a great place for knowledge sharing.
Well worth £12.99 a year for VIP membership. ;)

Should it go up all the way by itself with the struts or do you need to give it a final push for the last bit to make tight - sorry for what might be an obvious question but not had a Campervan before?
Mine used to go all the way up on its own, but needs a timid a shove now, I guess the struts are a little tired.

:confused: You must've picked your van up in the dead of the night!
Middle of the day. It was over at Castleford. Never seems to busy over that side, even now when we go to that J32 shopping place.

Test drove a 2017 poptop Campervan that we liked - the roof made a lot of loud squeaking noises all the time driving. The garage said they would fix it, so paid deposit (refundable if we are not happy).

As first van not sure how much noise to expect as normal - should the roof make that nose? How noisy overall should we expect the van to be compared to a large estate car?
We have a Veedubs popup and no noise from it... only get the odd blast of air when passing a big artic coming the other way.

Middle of the day. It was over at Castleford. Never seems to busy over that side, even now when we go to that J32 shopping place.
'Tis true - east of the A1 it's like a road from a bygone era.

That looks like a piss-poor repair to the bellows. I’d suggest you factor in the cost of replacing

I collected my campervan last July and the roof, an SCA 192, has driven me to distraction with its constant rattling. So much so, that I really couldn’t stand it any more so took the van back to the converter to sort out. Having got it back after the converter adjusted the locks, it’s a whole lot better now. Whilst it’s now requires a bit more of a pull to engage both the locks, the constant rattling has now gone making driving it a far more pleasant and enjoyable experience. I would suggest finding out the roof supplier/maker and talking to them about the issue to see if they can advise you.

“Bellows” are the canvas element of the pop top!
Thanks JOG, the tape was inside on the curtain zip things - and in exactly the same place on of the three curtains which was a bit odd! Not on the outside fabric. vertical and right in the middle of each.

Back