Intercooler coolant hoses COLD

vdiksas

Hello guys,

I own a VW T6 2017 2.0 TDI (150 HP).

Long story short - coolant was leaking, head gasket, EGR fixed but it's still looses coolant. I found out that the intercooler coolant hoses are at best - slightly warm if not cold even though the engine is hot. Is it normal or we are looking at the blockage somewhere? Here is the picture for reference.

Would love to hear from you guys what's your thoughts about it. Maybe is that "valve" that comes from the coolant tank? (in a red square)

Thank you so much. Screenshot_6.png

There have been reports of the silica bag in the header tank splitting open (where fitted) and the ‘beads’ blocking parts of the coolant circuit. I posted about removing mine on the forum somewhere - try the search.

Are you sure it is not just an air lock?

There have been reports of the silica bag in the header tank splitting open (where fitted) and the ‘beads’ blocking parts of the coolant circuit. I posted about removing mine on the forum somewhere - try the search.

Are you sure it is not just an air lock?
I have done probably 5,000 kilometers after the head gasket repair. I am taking the car to the shop next week - they said they found a leakage somewhere after the pressure test but this thing does not give me peace. I just want to know if it's normal that these hoses from intercooler are cold or they should be the same temperature as the rest of them.

there is a high and low coolant circuit. . with separate pumps.

thats the water cooled charge cooler, which is separate from the main engine block cooler.

possible pump issue?

but needs a VCDS scan tool session to test the pumps and read the temps.

Reactions: mmi
more info here :

1720540103565.png

Indeed - it's a low temperature circuit - stabilized with an electric pump.

1720541815213.png
Note: the temperatures are charge air temperatures (not circulating coolant temperatures)

Yet another plot - at more reasonable ambient temperature. Anyone can tell when did the DPF regen happen?

1720544450558.png

Back