interior grey colour code?

Yes it is matt or satin. Can't think why VW don't give a colour code for the interior panels! The exterior paint was easy to find.

I think there are more than "fifty shades"! I have contacted Colour N Drive for info. It is mainly scuffs and scratches that I want to touch-up, I'm learning
to live with them
VW might know the color they use for the side panels. the touch up kit was easy to may be VW want you to buy new panels as they would get scuffed up a a lot

That's a lot of trouble for such a simple job (or would be if I can find some paint!). One day I will play with some matt black and matt white!

That's a lot of trouble for such a simple job (or would be if I can find some paint!). One day I will play with some matt black and matt white!
lol just carpet them its such an quick and easy job ...easy professional finish and the holes are already cut just push in some invisible clips warm and snug would look really nice

Damn greys, bain of my life. Here's a useful reference
View attachment 155245

The hidden clips were unbranded from here: 50x Grey Plastic Fir Tree Trim Clips 8mm Hole 18mm Head panel lining Fits VW Van | eBay

As you can see (if you happen to be colour sensitive) [try the app "I Love Hue" if you are] the hidden clips are bluer than the VW greys, which are more neutral and appear warmer [Lego for a useful reference; new lego greys are bluish, old lego greys were neutral].

Finally, wall interior panels are darker, and that light carpet is cloud, but not sure of brand:
View attachment 155251
Good picture. However, just to point out, I have the OEM trim clips in 3 different colours. Not sure which one you missed out.

Good picture. However, just to point out, I have the OEM trim clips in 3 different colours. Not sure which one you missed out.
Pics or it's not true!

Unless you mean black, white and yellow

Last edited:
Oh . . black. That's not really a problem grey

Edit: or is it anthracite?
It’s not black. The black box behind it was to show this.

Honestly I‘m not sure what the colour is. But it’s darker grey than the other 2.

It’s not black. The black box behind it was to show this.

Honestly I‘m not sure what the colour is. But it’s darker grey than the other 2.
It's technically VW anthracite. Will dig out the headrest thread

Edit:
Mini-guide to headrests, since I just had a question asked about it...

What's a skinny headrest?
What's the difference between this and a normal one?

The T5 headrests were "fat", then late T5 they launched skinnier ones. The exception is the Caravelle which has fat adjustable headrests even today.

View attachment 128083

Any other gotchas?

Yes, of course, this is VW we're talking about! The skinny headrests from a T5 only fit T5 headrest sockets. They moved to T5.1/T6 headrest sockets down the line. The difference is the height stops are on the side of the pole on later headrests, so they need different sockets.

View attachment 128084

Anything else?

Well...the front seats with deeper padding have special headrest sockets that are angled and longer.

It that it?

Almost, then you have to watch for colour of sockets...

View attachment 128085

Surely that's all there is to know?

Erm...oh yeah, T5 fat headrests have removable covers so you can machine wash them, not so with the skinny ones.

Okay, so if I have fat headrests I can replace them with any fat headrest?

Not quite, the fat ones changed too...

View attachment 128086

Okay, so I can replace my grey headrest for a replacement grey headrest?

Sure...but is the fabric course or smooth? And does it have leather (vinyl) sides or fabric sides? And which way round are your headrest sockets?

Jeez....well my headrest has circular height stops all the way down it, what should I do?

Get your money back, that's from a Caddy :)

Back