Interior Led Fitting Problem

Yzfr1

T6 Guru
Please can someone in the know show me how to wire in LED spotlights on the drawing below please.
I'm removing the 2 rear standard interior lights and replacing them with LED spot lights.
I'd like them to work the same as the originals.
Thought I'd followed other threads on here correctly but the LED lights will now no longer power off when ignition is off. But the existing STD lights do turn off.
When the car is locked they all go off.
I'm a bit confused.15710510808044056406445258001149.jpg

Connect the red/black to the +ve on the lights.

Connect the common pin on the switch to the -ve on the lights

Connect the brown/black (switched -ve) to position 1 of the switch

Connect brown (permanent -ve) to position 2 of the switch

Position 1 on the switch will make the lights come on with the courtesy lights
Position 2 on the switch will put the lights on constantly - until the BCM timer times out - around 20mins.

Sorry to hijack but, if you wanted to use the existing light circuit to have 3 separate switched light areas can you use the same wires.

I.e
1. Connect the red/black to the +ve on all the lights.
2. Connect the common pin on each individual switch to the -ve on each individual light set.
3. Connect the brown/black (switched -ve) to position 1 all three switch’s
4. Connect brown (permanent -ve) to position 2 of all three switch’s

That would be fine and perfect. I’m not doing a camper conversion, but I have three rows of seats as I have just had my 4th daughter. So it’s mainly to be able to switch lights on at night/ driving at night if required. 2 lights above 2nd row, 2 lights above 3rd row with two switches in driver b pillar and 2 lights in tailgate with switch in the back. I would like them to switch off incase they are left on, like current courtesy lights work.

Position 2 on the switch will put the lights on constantly - until the BCM timer times out - around 20mins.
I'll give that ago in the morning.
Thank you.

Before I give that ago.....
I removed all my wiring today to start again and will do the above mentioned reply from deaky.:thumbsup:
However today my last try before I removed everything resulted in no interior lights working. The fuse hasn't blown and previous times this has happened only needed the key to the ignition to acc and the bcm reset and lights came back on.
Would anyone know why no fuse blown and no lights?

Mines done that before, I've got no clue at all why, normally locking and unlocking sorts it.

These VWs are touchy :D

Mines done that before, I've got no clue at all why, normally locking and unlocking sorts it.

These VWs are touchy :D
All fuses correct and nae blown.
Disconnected battery for a minute and lights working again......:thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Thank you Deaky,
Wired as you explained and jobs a good un!
Cheers

Hi all, I have the exact same issue right now with mine but also the bulb monitor light has come on! Will disconnect the battery to see if that solves the problem.

There is no bulb monitoring on the courtesy circuit. It must be something else

Possibly as that circuit supplies other things as well
If the interior light fuse blows i think you will also lose rear tail lights ?

Yeah they are gone as well so should just be the fuse and I guess the light is on due to the tail lights. Any advice on where to find the fuse box and which fuse it is exactly? I’ve looked around online but the videos didn’t seem to match up. I’ve got a 2016 T6 panel Van.

Last edited:
dash fusebox, will be fuse number 5 counting up from the bottom left
The bottom four are box fuses so number 5 is the first blade fuse up on the left, will be 7.5a

Just been searching through the forum and came across this thread.
I’m wanting to do exactly the same thing with my van but have a slightly different switch.
Can anyone give me some advise for wiring up instead of the switch mentioned above ⬆️
Thanks

78D684A7-3629-47A4-BDBD-B3322E15E22B.png028C7E06-3646-4B64-8C4C-84D998A7172E.png

Back