Is it possible to swap out this set of switches for the more modern digital ones?

GetTheDub

So from the first pic changed over to the second pic. Is it possible to swap these over? Has anyone here done this? I found a thread from 2021 of someone asking this but it seemed to have not come to a conclusion.

dvf.jpg

fbg.jpg

Those exact set or are those examples?

I ask because even if it's possible to do with electricaly compatible controls you're going to need equivalent controls on each.

For instance in the pictures one set is for single zone A/C and the other dual zone. Likewise one has a single heated seat the other two.

Those exact set or are those examples?

I ask because even if it's possible to do with electricaly compatible controls you're going to need equivalent controls on each.

For instance in the pictures one set is for single zone A/C and the other dual zone. Likewise one has a single heated seat the other two.
I just nabbed those images but the top one is accurate with regards to the heated seats. So if it was possible then I'd look to buy a digital set with both heated seat buttons already. Not sure how the A/C would work with it though? Hoping someone may have done it

The panels are different because the underlying system is different - it's not just a different display panel.

Top one is manual air conditioning. You set a 'rough' temperature on the left dial, heater/air con compressor delivers hot or cold air at that temperature.

The bottom one is dual zone (actually tri-zone as it has the 'rear' button) climate control. You set an exact temperature (in 0.5 degree steps) individually for the driver and passenger side and the system automatically alters the hot/cold air it outputs to match the temperature that's set.

I can't see it being an easy or cheap upgrade - given that climate control only comes on a couple of versions of T6 and is a brilliant thing to have (set and forget, no co constantly adjusting a vague dial).

Climatic vs climatronic, different system running different equipment
No doubt there is a way to fit it and prob get it operational/semi operational but its going to have errors when it doesnt sense the correct equipment connected to it, sounds like an expensive test if your not confident modifying and reprogramming the van !

Reactions: mmi
Ah okay. Would have been a good little swap as I do prefer the look of the digital display but not if it could cause an absolute headache of problems lol

Back