Is my new Caravelle T6.1 speed restricted in some way

Myc

Took delivery of my 200mile, 70 plate T6.1 Caravelle LWB 150BHP DSG today. Finally got to take it out for a drive this evening and on the motorway it steadfastly refused to go above a certain speed.

The ACC wasn't activated, neither was the Speed Limiter function. I even tried setting the cruise control above this speed but it would still stop when it hit that number.

Unfortunately the dealership was closed by the time I discovered this so haven't been able to ask them what's going on.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you.

What speed? And no it shouldn’t be. Unless it was a special order and VW can programme a restrictor in.
We’ve taken a few off older ex British Gas caddy’s. Never heard of a Caravelle having them - but they are programmable on VCDS.

Probably a 130kph limiter then, dealer should be able to disable, obviously for when you visit Germany or do a track day.

Probably a 130kph limiter then, dealer should be able to disable, obviously for when you visit Germany or do a track day.
Any idea why it would have one? The supplying dealers nearly 200 miles away so I'll be expecting them to pay for a local dealer to pay for it to be removed.

No idea at all, my TSI kombi definitely doesn't have one, are you sure you've had a good dig through the settings?

It has ACC and Speed Limiter in the menu within the settings but I switched both off and there were no symbols on the dash to show they were activated.

I've searched through the manual and it said that symbols would be showing on the dash if activated but nothing else about the speed being limited or restricted.

I've got the speed limiter function on my VAG cars and never had an issue.

Worst case scenario, I bought the car remotely so think I have 14 days to reject it, which I would if it couldn't be resolved. Though hoping I don't need to go down that route.

I'm sure there's a way to find out the exact options are fitted to the van someone like @Pauly should be able to advise further.

I can but it won’t show if a speed limiter has been set
If it’s been added with software it will need to be removed with software, should be a straightforward task for a dealer or someone with vcds

Thanks @Pauly the dealer listed all the options obviously no mention of any kind of fixed speed limiter being set.

it was pre-reg in Dec by the supplying dealer and had only done a few miles until today when it was delivered.

I'll go through all the menus again in the morning to double check and then call the dealer first thing.

(Thinking out loud) is it still in transport mode?

So salesman has no idea and is going to speak to his service dept. I could practically hear his :rolleyes: over the phone.

I checked the speed limiter function again and the manual states that a firm press on the accelerator would override it, along with an audible warning and flashing dashboard so definitely not that.

Back