Is this Kombi worth the advertised price?

According to the power output 110kW equates to 150 bhp so it’s a euro 6 engine, T32 so highest load carrier and looks like it’s a high line version so will have air con, heated screen, cruise control, etc

@JOG I’d say no insulation as hasn’t been carpeted it’s factory panels in the back! Might stick a slide pod in mine and stick her up for sale if there going for that sort of money!
It’s a highline plus 4motion so not a bad spec but that’s strong money in my opinion but I know it’s crazy times at the moment!

@JOG I’d say no insulation as hasn’t been carpeted it’s factory panels in the back! Might stick a slide pod in mine and stick her up for sale if there going for that sort of money!
It’s a highline plus 4motion so not a bad spec but that’s strong money in my opinion but I know it’s crazy times at the moment!
So, it isn’t a camper van! Walk away

Reading it right but still strong money wouldn’t you say?

Probably, but right now I don’t know. The market was bonkers, but we are coming to the end of the season, and I am hearing that prices are moderating as overseas holidays are back on the cards.

It‘s an interesting time to buy and sell.

Pete

Thanks for all the input. What would people say is a reasonable price to counter with?

@Pete C viewed it last week and said about the bodywork then. He’s got in touch to say the works been done.

According to the power output 110kW equates to 150 bhp so it’s a euro 6 engine, T32 so highest load carrier and looks like it’s a high line version so will have air con, heated screen, cruise control, etc
Advert says startline.

Advert says startline.
It goes but the dash isn’t startline as you can see the fuel gauge. Suspect either another wrong logbook or a not very good seller. Regarding the scuffs is that where the over panel has been fitted on the drivers side tailgate pillar but not on the passenger side, strange as they only come as pairs

34K for rear mattress and slide pod?. Still missing pop top and other bits.
Looks good but doesn’t seem a good deal.
Browse around, price wise you can get a kombi same age and miles between 22 and 27k. Buy sliding pod (1.5/2k) rear bed (500/1000). Want pop top? 3/5k, you’ll be around 35k. Ask yourself if you
Need 4 motion ( adding complication, maintenance and increasing consumption).

Remember it’s the Van that takes you on the journey……So a good spec ( highline ) will have the similar toys that cars have….and if you fit a towbar in the future you’ll need pulling power…..Don’t compromise…..slidepods are good but no head room ( we use a tent more )…..Spend wisely..Spend once
lots of converter use very basic vans and make lots of profit….it’s us mugs that pay the price

That van is a tarted up startline, it has painted startline bumpers and no auto lights or foglights etc but does have aircon so i would guess it was ordered as a startline with business pack ?
This means it wont have elec mirrors, heated screen, auto lights, auto wipers

Thanks again. I’m going to have a look and see what I think when there and try not to be swept up in the prospect of having a van. I’ll keep you all posted.

Ad says it’s a Startline, poverty spec.

Nice. How did you find them?
Good had a problem with a zip in the tent window they took it back gave me a courtesy car and replaced the tent no bother at all took 2 days.
Spent a lot keeping it going cam belt water pump and glow plugs but about right replacements for a four year old van. It's never let me down and we use it about 24 weekends and 1 full week per year over last 3 years and it's my daily driver.
Paid £35 k got it just before COVID.
First van and we love it too many mods available though

So decided against this for a few reasons but mainly it was too rough around the edges and the wife and kids didn’t enjoy the kombi set up, which I thought would be preferred as it’s more similar to a car. Felt too van like in the back but maybe that was the van itself.

Going to keep looking but may hold off on a purchase until early autumn and see if things settle.

Back