Is Your T6 A Van Or A Camper?

Did you buy your Transporter to use as a van or a camper?

• My T6 is a van

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • My T6 is a camper

Votes: 67 72.8%

• Total voters
Four seats, sleeps four, sink, hob, oven, onboard water, diesel heating, works commuting vehicle, tip run van, four bikes in the back van, weekend adventure van. No wonder we love these vehicles!

Just interested in how you did this? I'm looking into doing something similar. Did you do the work yourself, or get it done at a garage?

I enquired to loads of places, but no one would take on a custom fit out. They all wanted jobs with straight forward CNC cut panels and parts, because it's easy money and no complications I guess. What I ended up doing was employing the services of a chippy that was more adapt at working on million pound houses, building bespoke stair cases, and sash windows etc. He was stupidly expensive, but the finished job was exactly what I wanted, and other than the odd screw working loose, it's been fantastic.
I knew when I ordered the van, what my plans were, and ordered it to suit what I wanted to do, with twin sliders, and a weird request (or at least VW said it was weird) Standard RHD T6 Kombi's come with several configuration for rear seats, but the standard UK spec with a double and single rear is the single behind the passenger, and the double behind the driver apparently. I needed it the other way round, putting the single seat behind the drivers seat (bare with me here) This way I could remove the single seat, boxing in the cab area, allowing a long section for my scaffold, where the single seat was.
This gives me 4 seats, the 2 rears exit on the kerb side, so the kids don't get run over, and a totally sound deadened bulkhead that allows for all my equipment. I didn't ask for the shelving unit you can see all my products in. The guy just did it to make use of the dead space, meaning I can pull up to my jobs, and work straight off my side door. My customers love how neat it looks, and often take photos for the setup.

20190318_092936-COLLAGE.jpg

I enquired to loads of places, but no one would take on a custom fit out. They all wanted jobs with straight forward CNC cut panels and parts, because it's easy money and no complications I guess. What I ended up doing was employing the services of a chippy that was more adapt at working on million pound houses, building bespoke stair cases, and sash windows etc. He was stupidly expensive, but the finished job was exactly what I wanted, and other than the odd screw working loose, it's been fantastic.
I knew when I ordered the van, what my plans were, and ordered it to suit what I wanted to do, with twin sliders, and a weird request (or at least VW said it was weird) Standard RHD T6 Kombi's come with several configuration for rear seats, but the standard UK spec with a double and single rear is the single behind the passenger, and the double behind the driver apparently. I needed it the other way round, putting the single seat behind the drivers seat (bare with me here) This way I could remove the single seat, boxing in the cab area, allowing a long section for my scaffold, where the single seat was.
This gives me 4 seats, the 2 rears exit on the kerb side, so the kids don't get run over, and a totally sound deadened bulkhead that allows for all my equipment. I didn't ask for the shelving unit you can see all my products in. The guy just did it to make use of the dead space, meaning I can pull up to my jobs, and work straight off my side door. My customers love how neat it looks, and often take photos for the setup.

View attachment 43208
That is a great set up. Love the lower shelf set up. Does the power run off a leisure battery or do you hook up on site ?

That is a great set up. Love the lower shelf set up. Does the power run off a leisure battery or do you hook up on site ?

I only ever really work for the public at their houses. Theres a long lead hidden underneath that we just plug straight into the customers power, hey presto, everything's live.
Theres even a pair of wireless chargers for both our phones. :thumbsup:

Look how shiny it is too... Does that get cleaned professionally? :fast rofl:

The shine comes as standard with Black, then every night, little elves come out of their homes underground and give it a good polish up whilst I'm asleep :whistle:

The shine comes as standard with Black, then every night, little elves come out of their homes underground and give it a good polish up whilst I'm asleep :whistle:

i read this quickly and thought it said "little Elvis " gives it a good polish :whistle:

Mine is definitely a camper. Use it for the trek down south to London for work tues-thurs. It's my daily drive and the means to escape at weekends with the family or the lads. Best thing I ever did was sell my car, buy the T6 and get it converted. As I no longer have hotel bills and don't need a new car I've saved myself about 400 quid a month

Back