I've Just bought a T6

Campdavid

After thinking about it for about 10 years, I've finally done it and bought a 2018 T6. It arrives on Friday. I will do as much of the conversion as I can myself, but the pop top roof is beyond me. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I can go to have this done? I live in Surrey, but will drive as far as I need to if the price is right and it is someone recommended.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice as this is daunting for a novice.

David

Enjoy, what spec is the van?
It's a T28 Startline, with A/C. 113,000 miles.
It's a basic panel van and in around 2022 & 100,000 miles was driven through water, which got into the engine necessitating a rebuild. New bearings, piston rings, cam belt, water pump, fly wheel, cleaned injectors and clutch. I know this would worry a lot of people, but I know who did the repair and it's been running since without problems.
My immediate issue is which pop top to fit? Reimo, Streamline? So much to learn.
Any help and advice massively appreciated.

Reactions: CAB
Welcome. I'm a newbie myself, just waiting for mine to be delivered.

Love your username!

Thanks. I was thinking American presidential retreats!

Mine arrives on Friday. My first issue is which pop top to fit. Reimo, Streamline, Westdubs? It's all so confusing!

Speak to these guys.

Would definitely check out westdubs in Malverns. I bought a van with a westdubs already in (and badly fitted by the converter) and westdubs sorted it all out. They fit too and couldn’t be a nicer bunch of folk.

You can go crazy on poptops and the Westdubs seems to come in the midrange for price. Been very happy with ours and it hasn’t given any issues (apart from the creaking caused by the original converters fitting short cuts).

Good luck!

Back