I've just fitted a new 'factory style' stereo radio with Apple Play for £200.

Just thought I would update. The car play stereo that I fitted has been faultless and apart from not having DAB I can see no other negative point. Having the larger screen with my apps on is great. Google maps works great, so much better than looking at the iPhone screen. We have car play in our Golf GTI and that is the reason I wanted to fit it in my T6 without paying a lot of dollars.

These units from my pal for £200 are an absolute bargain. He isn't interested in getting into selling single units to people, he is dealing trade and mainly to camper conversion companies who buy 10 at a time. If however, folk want them I can buy them off him but its helpful if I buy a few at a time. I can fit them to for those who are local to me DN22.

Let me know if anybody is interested. He is receiving new stock every month so there are plenty to go at.

Cheers,
Craig.

P.S. I've also purchased a short black braided iPhone cable so it plugs into the unit and my iPhone sits right next to the stereo, looks really neat and the communication is perfect, no drop outs which you can sometimes experience with longer cables, well I have found so in the past and in the Golf with factory Car Play.

Hi, is there anyone on here that offers this as a complete service ?
I have a basic T6 unit and regret not sourcing a van with pre installed sat nav

many thanks

See my latest update.

Hi mate. I have just bought one of these units myself off ebay however I am struggling to know which connections I use into the rcd360 as it only has one port whereas the faulty radio I took put has 3?

IMG_20200928_152825.jpg

IMG_20200928_152816.jpg

IMG_20200928_152805.jpg

See the index thread. From memory, but check the post I have linked to:
One is for the USB on your dash (yellow)
the other single one (black) is for DAB aerial and
the double (white) one is for the fm aerial.

So I think you will need an adapter for the double for your single fm connector.
I’m sure someone else on the forum will confirm this or not.
Good luck. Interested to hear how you get on.

Forgot to say. The issue with the RCD360 is you lose DAB and the dash USB.

I managed to connect the quadlock using a connector that was sent with the rcd360 and and connect the fm white cable using another connector they supplied. However I don't seem to get any power to the unit? I think I may need a small black encoder box but they never sent one out.

Seem to remember the power cables were on the wrong connectors and needed repinning.

I managed to connect the quadlock using a connector that was sent with the rcd360 and and connect the fm white cable using another connector they supplied. However I don't seem to get any power to the unit? I think I may need a small black encoder box but they never sent one out.
Yes as @CaptainZag said, see this post Rcd330+

Thanks I've had a read through that post but I'm still a little confused. Sorry I'm not very savvy with this type of stuff. Do I have to just switch the 2 orange CAN wire around on the new adapter?

Thanks I've had a read through that post but I'm still a little confused. Sorry I'm not very savvy with this type of stuff. Do I have to just switch the 2 orange CAN wire around on the new adapter?
Sorry I can't remember and no longer have the unit. In my post I've put that +12v and CANbus wires needed chnging to different pins but I don't recall where I moved them to. The past me refers to following a wiring diagram on a label on the headunit though, does yours have one?

@Cham13 Hi just stumbled across this post , looking at your video am I right in thinking that it is android auto as well as apple play?

Sorry I can't remember and no longer have the unit. In my post I've put that +12v and CANbus wires needed chnging to different pins but I don't recall where I moved them to. The past me refers to following a wiring diagram on a label on the headunit though, does yours have one?
Did you manage to sort this ?I’ve bought 2 link cables now one has no power the other gives power but affects air con , can anyone help plz

Did you manage to sort this ?I’ve bought 2 link cables now one has no power the other gives power but affects air con , can anyone help plz
It's not unusual, which is why we stopped doing them.. They're Chinese adapted units I've had them do also sort of weird things on the CANbus network.

Back