Kombi Sliding Window Rail

smudger28

Morning

T6 T32 Kombi

I seem to have developed a rattle on my sliding window on my drivers side passenger door. It looks like the bottom rail is loose or coming away. Are these glued in or screwed in somehow? Would it be an easy fix for me to do or shall I get the experts to do it?

Thank you

Paul

IMG_3807.jpeg

The rail is bonded to the glass so I doubt its an easy fix, or if any fix would hold up for a length of time.
Others have has similar issues (search for leaky windows) and the rail has failed from the leaking causing the sliding window to fall in going along!

I've ditched my 2017 T6 kombi leaky windows and had them re fitted with fixed glass. You might be looking at new window time? sorry that's not what you probably wanted to hear!

The rail is bonded to the glass so I doubt its an easy fix, or if any fix would hold up for a length of time.
Others have has similar issues (search for leaky windows) and the rail has failed from the leaking causing the sliding window to fall in going along!

I've ditched my 2017 T6 kombi leaky windows and had them re fitted with fixed glass. You might be looking at new window time? sorry that's not what you probably wanted to hear!
Thanks David for the reply. What’s the damage on having fixed windows fitted? Are they expensive? I was hoping I could bond a new rail onto the glass. That would probably be the less expensive course of action.

It varies a lot where you go,

I had mine done both sides for £435. That included removing the leaky OEM windows and fitting new Camper Glass tinted fixed windows. Worth ringing around places near to yourself to see.

Also worth noting fixed glass is a lot cheaper than new sliding windows, look on camper glass website for an idea of cost

It varies a lot where you go,

I had mine done both sides for £435. That included removing the leaky OEM windows and fitting new Camper Glass tinted fixed windows. Worth ringing around places near to yourself to see.
I’ve just spent £1300 on new suspension . I did just ring my local mechanic who said he can replace the rails. Probably the best solution for the minute without costing too much. The same door has a loose handle too so they’re going to sort that out for me at the same time.

Why didn’t someone tell me these vans are money pits!!

Thanks for the replies this morning David. I’ll look into the fixed glass solution.

Paul

Back