La France...

How much adblue did the MFD recommend? I ask as I was down to 600 miles earlier in the week so topped it up at the pump in a garage near home. IIRC, mine said a minimum of 1.25 and a maximum of 2.25 gallons (ie. roughly 5.68 to 10.23 Litres). I put 9 Litres in, paid at the till and when I switched back on it was telling me that I had 5500 miles in there (I expected more though) - that should easily do for a month on the road starting Sunday. I purposely didn't fill to the max recommendation as I'm conscious of reports about people overdoing it and the system not resetting.

When the 650 miles error comes up it doesn't suggest any amount to add, it's telling you there's something wrong with the system and you've got 650 miles to sort it out.

Bit of a minefield to what it can be as well, sometimes it goes away by itself, sometimes it doesn't!

Sorry to hear that your trip is going a bit south (and not in the way intended!). Hopefully these things will clear by themselves or if not you can use the roadside recovery to get you on your way and not cut short your trip.

If not then why not find a nice site and just park it up for a week or two?

Sorry to hear that your trip is going a bit south (and not in the way intended!). Hopefully these things will clear by themselves or if not you can use the roadside recovery to get you on your way and not cut short your trip.
BUT beware who you have to call for said roadside assistance on a French toll road. As I understand it (but do your own research), in most cases, only the road operators (eg SANEF) contracted roadside assistance provider are allowed to respond to calls and the charges are quite high.

@cgtmiles Did think about doing that and sailing back on the original date especially as our last 4 nights were going to be near Bayeaux.
This depends on whether we can re-jig any of the sites booked as otherwise we're better off just booking a new sailing home traded off against the cost of extra nights in Normandy especially as we don't want to knock any extra touring miles off of our current 600 miles left doom prediction.
With 600 miles currently we can make it back to Blighty even with two engines shot up and the bomb aimer in a pretty bad way... if I'm honest I think the bomb aimer is getting a bit mutinous at the moment and keeps giving me the stink eye! :unsure:

I wouldn't bail out yet, so many stories on here about that 600 miles left malarkey righting itself in due course. But I would check your recovery/repatriation service before you risk it!
But they don't call me 'take a bloody risk you fool Wayne' for nothing...

BUT beware who you have to call for said roadside assistance on a French toll road. As I understand it (but do your own research), in most cases, only the road operators (eg SANEF) contracted roadside assistance provider are allowed to respond to calls and the charges are quite high.

Where's your sense of adventure Frosty?! You'll kick yourself when you get back to blighty and the sensors are working again!
I reckon you're probably right but realistically if I did that the Transporter is the only thing the wife wouldn't take in the divorce settlement and she is a pretty good bomb aimer if we go on another mission to France later in the year. :thumbsup:

I reckon you're probably right but realistically if I did that the Transporter is the only thing the wife wouldn't take in the divorce settlement and she is a pretty good bomb aimer if we go on another mission to France later in the year. :thumbsup:
Pharoah nuff. I couldn't have that on my conscience! Good job she doesn't know the value of our vehicles!

Thanks for the heads up @paddy26 but the bomb aimer has plotted in a route back to Cherbourg this Sunday and back home to lick our wounds... an expensive week in France but wait, I hear you say, there's still time for something else to go wrong.:geek:
Ironically the camp name here at Fuque la Vie Double Vay sounds very similar to the bomb aimers mood currently, De Pressed.

Last edited:
Ooh that’s a shame @Stay Frosty - but totally get the angst and I’m generally risk averse so would likely do the same. Fill up with coffee in a supermarché ‘cos that is the only thing currently cheaper - with the exception of wine of course

Found something that's cheaper than the coffee here, we've literally got the whole beach to ourselves but as it was cloudy and hour ago I've got jeans and a dark T shirt on, scorchio!
IMG20240614145842.jpg
IMG20240614145832.jpg

Found something that's cheaper than the coffee here, we've literally got the whole beach to ourselves but as it was cloudy and hour ago I've got jeans and a dark T shirt on, scorchio!
And that beach is?????

Hang on I've still got some in my trainers... apparently Plage du Marchais looking back towards La Rochelle in the bottom piccie.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up @paddy26 but the bomb aimer has plotted in a route back to Cherbourg this Sunday and back home to lick our wounds... an expensive week in France but wait, I hear you say, there's still time for something else to go wrong.:geek:
Ironically the camp name here at Fuque la Vie Double Vay sounds very similar to the bomb aimers mood currently, De Pressed.
Binkys bought it then but back to Blighty then in time for tea and sandwiches!

Back