Largest capacity battery under seat

awillyfootball

Hi all, I am looking at upgrading to a lithium battery, I currently have 110ah agm, victon b2b and mppt and 200w solar so all good there. Been looking at alot of brands and they are about 210cm high but I was wondering is there one that fits under the seat that can stand up. I have a seat bracket that currently holds the battery, mppt, b2b and fuse box but I would have to remove it if I have to lay the battery down. Its not a deal breaker as I can remove it and refit everything under the seat again but would be good to keep it. ThanksScreenshot_20240527_135946_Facebook.jpg

It’s the same 100Ah Renogy I have in mine.
It’s the non BT non heated smart version they don’t appear to list on the UK website any more.

IMG_4559.jpeg

The only one they do now appears to be this one

Quick question looking to see which Lifepo4 battery you all have that will fit under the drivers seat

Looking for recommendations on size and to see what ah you have

Quick question looking to see which Lifepo4 battery you all have that will fit under the drivers seat

Looking for recommendations on size and to see what ah you have
You've got a few options, depending what size you want.

For 100Ah, there's quite a bit of choice. Fogstar Drift and Drift ECO, Roamer, Renogy and so on.

If you want something bigger, then 230Ah options are the Fogstar Drift and Roamer seat base batteries.

Simple one hopefully. What’s the largest capacity battery I can fit under my drivers seat? I’m rarely on hook up these days so my 100aH agm is not really cutting it. I have a ctek250 under there too but can probably move/replace that.

Ta
Simon

What he said 230ah lithium.

And.

Thread 'Roamer LiFePO4 Gen4 230Ah Seatbase battery -- "How I Done It" --' Roamer LiFePO4 Gen4 230Ah Seatbase battery -- "How I Done It" --

Yup, 230Ah.

Which is plenty big enough for most uses.

If you're really crazy you could do dual 230Ah seat base batteries in parallel... 460Ah of capacity :rofl:

But, 230Ah with a good sized solar panel (200w+) and fast 50a DC-DC charging will be plenty for most, you can use a 2000w or 3000w inverter, and you'll be fine with no EHU or DC-DC charging for multiple days even with heavy usage.

wowzers, I wasn’t expecting a 230aH! Better do some reading up. I’ll need a new, erm, everything I think :). Actually maybe not mains charger as thing my 15amp victron will support lithium. Ta.

wowzers, I wasn’t expecting a 230aH! Better do some reading up. I’ll need a new, erm, everything I think :). Actually maybe not mains charger as thing my 15amp victron will support lithium. Ta.
Mine isn't the neatest install but you'd be amazed what you can fit, with a bit of planning...

1000009265.jpg
1000010149.jpg

Fogstar 230Ah LiFePO4 battery
Orion XS 50a DC-DC
100/20 MPPT
Smart shunt
Cerbo GX
2x fuse boxes
2x isolator switches

That's all under the passenger seat.

Under my driver's seat is the 15a 240v charger, and EHU consumer unit.

Then on the back of the passenger seat is my 2000w Renogy inverter.

Interesting the battery looks smaller than I was expecting. Have you got a diagram of how you have that wired up? Can probs work it out if not. Ta.

There's actually a fair bit of room around the battery.

Interesting the battery looks smaller than I was expecting. Have you got a diagram of how you have that wired up? Can probs work it out if not. Ta.

No, but basically it's the standard set up, with some specifics for my requirements - positive terminal with a 300a MRBF fuse to 300a isolator, to fused busbar/distribution box, then all my positive connections on that (DC-DC, MPPT, fuse boxes etc).

Then negative to smart shunt, to busbar with everything going to that busbar.

Back