Leighton wheels quality & tyre sizes

T6.1Kent

Evening all

im looking at the Lv3 set 20’ 10J rear and 8.5j

what are the quality of these like?
also what size tyres are people running?

I have a 2021 t6.1, will be doing a conversion on it and be putting the blistering suspension on it probably.
thanks

10J with 275/40 and 8.5 with 245/45, best tyres so far Cross Climate 2 SUV's, suspension by a bloke known as 'Steve' who is potentially having an open day for T6F members soon in Cannock (he doesn't know it yet).
Those are some big tyre sizes!

Evening all

im looking at the Lv3 set 20’ 10J rear and 8.5j

what are the quality of these like?
also what size tyres are people running?

I have a 2021 t6.1, will be doing a conversion on it and be putting the blistering suspension on it probably.
thanks
Depends on your van weight.

275/35 rear and 245/40 front

Recommended by Steve @CRS Performance He's never wrong! With his suspension and those CC2's the van has never felt so good or sure-footed even on wet and frozen lands!
Completely wrong rolling radius , if your planning on going low you’ll have chaffage , tyres are far too big, just check “will they fit” website , put in your original tyre size and your new tyre size, see how much your speedo, rolling radius etc are out . Only reason they use these tyre sizes are they’re load rated and common sizes on range rovers etc . There’s plenty of posts on here about tyre sizes just use the search function above .

Fortunately not going low @F2JON , why would Steve @CRS Performance tell more than just me to use these tyre sizes, at the time he was in no position to benefit, he wasn't selling tyres.
When I bought the van it had 275/35's all round which I agree is ridiculous on the fronts, he told me what to buy from my local tyre place, in my case Shenstone trade tyres who you probably know.
The speedo is at 58mph when maps app says 60mph. There is no scuffage/rubbage whatsoever and it drives like a dream.
For me 245/45 on the front and 275/40 on the rear works, I will never go low!

20231103_102125.jpg

Fortunately not going low @F2JON , why would Steve @CRS Performance tell more than just me to use these tyre sizes, at the time he was in no position to benefit, he wasn't selling tyres.
When I bought the van it had 275/35's all round which I agree is ridiculous on the fronts, he told me what to buy from my local tyre place, in my case Shenstone trade tyres who you probably know.
The speedo is at 58mph when maps app says 60mph. There is no scuffage/rubbage whatsoever and it drives like a dream.
For me 245/45 on the front and 275/40 on the rear works, I will never go low!

View attachment 224680
I’ll tell you why , because he doesn’t set his coilovers low at all (compared to most) to keep comfort as with most coilivers the lower you go the harder it gets , so to make up the arch gap and to add more comfort he recommends fatter tyres, if you put the correct size tyres on you’d find you’d still have a massive arch gap, Leighton vans do the same , they fit 265/40/20 to they’re wheels .

I would avoid any colour that involves any diamond cut style finish. I have LV1 wheels and the polished face hasn't aged well.
My LV1’s went that way so I sanded the laquer off the polished faces and then took them to a bare polished finish using wet and dry and finished with autosol.
Been ok since. But they need a quick polish with autosol every time I clean the van.

Completely wrong rolling radius , if your planning on going low you’ll have chaffage , tyres are far too big, just check “will they fit” website , put in your original tyre size and your new tyre size, see how much your speedo, rolling radius etc are out . Only reason they use these tyre sizes are they’re load rated and common sizes on range rovers etc . There’s plenty of posts on here about tyre sizes just use the search function above .
Most of our clients want comfort and practical vehicles we dont do big drops no good comes from this long term
the tyres are correct for normal usage ( they wont tuck in but we dont want that at all ) .
A lot of our competition offer even bigger tyres
LV 275/40/20 BM likes 265/40/20 and so on ??

I’ll tell you why , because he doesn’t set his coilovers low at all (compared to most) to keep comfort as with most coilivers the lower you go the harder it gets , so to make up the arch gap and to add more comfort he recommends fatter tyres, if you put the correct size tyres on you’d find you’d still have a massive arch gap, Leighton vans do the same , they fit 265/40/20 to they’re wheels .
LV 275 40 20 all the way our offering isnt fatter its narrower than most people recommend and it works as you can see from the comments .

F2 jon has air on his van now and the lower that goes the softer the air bag is but it will bottom out all the time if you drive it too low .
Indeed, and that's the biggest flaw in most airbag setups. Its softest when you need it firmest (if you plan to drive it low). I've never come across a transporter setup that has the threaded bodies to allow the height to be adjusted independent of the air bag pressure.

I was more interested to hear his explanation of how a coilover get stiffer when lowered......

Indeed, and that's the biggest flaw in most airbag setups. Its softest when you need it firmest (if you plan to drive it low). I've never come across a transporter setup that has the threaded bodies to allow the height to be adjusted independent of the air bag pressure.

I was more interested to hear his explanation of how a coilover get stiffer when lowered......
Ditto , not a fan of air at all , we do remove loads of it here at our workshop .

Back