Leisure Battery/starter charger

Hi all,
So Dellmassive has been a great help with my leisure electrics but I just would appreciate a little more advice on the most suitable charger to keep my new batteries in tiptop condition after use and when stood for a period of time, especially over winter months.

I have 2 x 120ah 12v AGM leisure batteries installed in parallel (so 240ah I'm told) onboard the van & also a 70ah starter battery. I'm looking for a battery charger that is suitable to switch between both batteries if poss. I've become somewhat confused by some of the info around what amp charger I need so if any one could throw their advise into the mix and recommend a sufficient charger, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Any of the CTEK/NoCo/Victron maintenance chargers should do the job, all of those brands have quick connect type adaptors you can fit to make life simple.

The only question is what charging capacity. If it really is maintenance charging then you only have to counter any self discharge and parasitic drain, and that should be tiny so in range of just about anything.

If it needs to do more recharging then you'll need a bit more, within reason any charge rate will recharge eventually (some chargers have time limits on each stage and will cut out if they don't charge fast enough) so you can take advised ranges from the manufacturers with a little pinch of salt.

I'd not get anything below 5A as anything under that really is maintenance only. I'd avoid the 10A CTEK as it has a much more limited warranty.

Probably in your situation I'd go for the 15A Victron from the IP67 range and down rate it via the app for maintenance charging but you have the option for full rate if you need it.

Back